Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just bought an hp win 10 laptop loaded with bloatware!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kirch

Kirch

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:23 AM

I am going to take this bleeping laptop back to the store with a buckshot round through the middle of it...

ok... feel better... is there a way to get rid of all the crap?

I have supposedly uninstalled the hp assistant but it's still there... spyware 4 won't uninstall, mcafee won't uninstall, the little pop up instantsupport is on every web page... upon any restart all these programs fire up. It's not worth it... I would never buy hp again.

I'm talking bleeping here! Ok thank you if anyone has simple solutions it would be greatly appreciated,

~Kirch

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:39 AM

If it were my machine I'd do option one from here... a clean Win 10 install.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Read carefully first so you have everything you need before you start..

#3 Kirch

Kirch
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 AM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:40 PM

Seems to much work to just run a new computer... they can keep the thing. So the question is... do they make any new computer w/o all this crap in it? Or can someone pro uninstall the junk as a part of the sale?

I used to be able to buy a computer and roll gees!

~Kirch

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 AM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:49 PM

All OEMs pretty much are loaded with bloat. The OEMs are paid a fee for every third party program installed. The software companies are hoping you will purchase the software after the trial. Utilities like Decrapifier and SlimComputer unfortunately state they support up to Windows 8. I am not sure if they will work on 10 but you can contact customer service of both utilities and ask.

You can manually do what Decrapifier and SlimComputer does. It just takes longer. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users