Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lan

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 avpycho

avpycho

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:25 PM

we had a LAN of certain computers....i usually share the no of folders to my friends in LAN . but it makes my computer go slow... i want to know if there is anyway to share different folder to different users independently....i mean to say that when i share no folders then the user can access all the folder with a certain user and password...Please help me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

You can't share folders to different users, you can share the folder and it shares to everyone BUT you can set security permissions and add users to that tab and only the users you have added can access the folder providing user name and password. BUT those users need to be users on your computer too.

Edited by ComputerWhizz7, 13 August 2006 - 03:01 PM.

I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users