Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Internet Connection Lag Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 megamyx

megamyx

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:48 PM

hi, i've been having a weird computer problem. i'm not certain where to post this thread, since it deals with internet connection i think this falls under network.

anyway, i need major help..! the trouble started yesterday & it happens after every internet connection. it'll start out well after the connection, but after 15 or more minutes my computer starts to slow down. suddenly, i couldn't open any application, folder, & even the window task manager. i could only access the programs that i've already openned before the slow down occured. but the programs doesn't function.. like with internet explorer i could scroll down & up, i could click links, click the toolbar icons, etc. but the program doesn't function. all i could do is restart my computer, then the problem occurs again.

the problem occurs quicker (about lessthan 10 minutes) especially when i'm downloading with or when azureus is openned.

the good thing is i didn't encounter this problem when i'm offline or not connected to the internet.

hope somebody could help me out.. this is really urgent. what should i do...?

by the way, i'm using windows XP, 256MB ram, dsl connection about 1mbps, processor is athlon xp 1.7, 2 LAN cards : ADMtek & VIA Rhine

Edited by megamyx, 14 August 2006 - 01:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 megamyx

megamyx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:44 AM

things i couldn't do when the problem occurs :

-can not shut down, restart, log-off the computer thru start menu. i can only turn-off or restart by pushing the restart or shutdown button of my computer or cpu tower.

-i couldn't open any application & software thru start menu, desktop & even thru hard drives.

-i couldn't open or access "my network places", LAN settings, network connections (its status, disable & repair). couldn't check & configure my tcp/ip or properties of the LAN cards.

-couldn't disconnect internet (dsl) connection.

-i could open "my computer", but doesn't show any files, folders or Drives upon openning "my computer". it only shows the animated flash light, like it is browsing & searching for the location of the drives. it'll just stay that way & get stuck here. nothing will happen.

-nothing happens when i type the following : (in the commandprompt or cmd) ipconfig, ping, hostname, etc. it will just show a "_" cursor below its line. & nothing will happen after that; couldn't type anything anymore.

-when i use azureus to download, it'll start out fine. but then as i've descibed in my above post... that after 5 or lessthan 10 minutes, azureus malfunctions, it will not work or doesn't download anymore. all the smilies or status will turn into red from yellow & green. no bytes are uploaded & downloaded.

really need help...asap. it's really urgent. i couldn't do anything. somebody?

Edited by megamyx, 14 August 2006 - 01:46 AM.

#3 lucent

lucent

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

It could be that you have a malware or virus problem, do you have any antivirus or anti spyware apps? it might pay to run them first then take a look at here (if you can connect for long enough): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Make sure to read and follow the help guides and then post another thread either there or here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/, depending on what you find. If that fails it may just be that your system has been corrupted somehow, but try those steps first. Good luck :thumbsup:
Cheers, Lucent.

Edited by lucent, 21 August 2006 - 08:14 PM.

Posted Image
Special thanks to efizzer for the signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users