Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

aerocool strike x 600w

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Psyho

Psyho

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:22 PM

Hello 

I  have this psu and i buy today some new components:

I5 6600 
Gigabyte ga b150 hd3p 
Kingstone hyperx fury black 8 gb

and i will add some old components to this configuration: 

Western Digital WDC WD2500AAKS-00VYA0

Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-00UU3A0

PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-112D

NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

Plus 4 cooler on pc case and temperature panel 

But I wonder whether it will be able to support all of this

thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ATY

ATY

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

That power supply is 100% trash. I rather throw it away than purchase it, because it tier 4 power supply and that means this power supply will rekt your PC and its component is cheap plastic. I suggest you go with EVGA G2 models, Antec, Seasonic or SuperFlower. Those brands that I listed are known to produces best PC power supply ever. Also, never cheap out your power supply or buy some unknown power supply brand.  

#3 Psyho

Psyho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:56 PM

I rather throw it away than purchase it  

Well, I already have one, a long time I took it. I was thinking about what to do, whether to put it or not ...

#4 ATY

ATY

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:50 PM

Your PC > This power supply. Not worth it at all, so don't do it. 

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 11:37 AM

Respected Opinion, IMO

FWIW:  I think that sometimes we forget...that just about (If not all) every OEM system ever purchased...comes with a PSU that none of us would go out and purchase if we were building.  To say that such PSUs are "inadequate", "substandard" and such...is inaccurate since they do work in the systems they are placed in.

I have a history of using Ultra PSUs, which are Tier 4 (whatever that may mean).  I've never had a problem with either of them.  Does it behoove me to buy something other than Ultras?  I think it depends.

I believe that OEMs and some users get by with "inferiror" PSUs because whatever it is that they do on their systems...doesn't tax the PSU installed.  I'm a non-gamer and I consider gaming/overclocking to be the most intensive tasks done on a system.  Tier 4 PSUs probably serve the function for users like me and do so capably enough to continue to be, at the least, good enough for OEM systems/normal usage.

2015 Tier Guide

Louis

I did more research on PSUs today than I had intended and I have to say that I would visit http://www.bequiet.com/en and llook around...if I need a replacement PSU or build a new/different system.

Edited by hamluis, 20 July 2016 - 12:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users