Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Getting post beep and then 2 short beeps

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DaMerk

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:22 PM

Hello everyone,
To better understand the question I will divide it into 4 sections: the background, the problem, the attempted solution, and the full pc specs. Thanks in advance for the help!

The background:
I have a computer that has been working for about a year now. One day I started rendering a video and left the room like I usually do. I came back and the computer was turned off. I thought that was weird but didn't know what caused it so I turned it back on and started rendering the video again. This time I stayed in the room. About 75 percent of the way through rendering it shut off and would not turn back on. I figured it was a heat issue so I took out the components and cleaned everything (got out all the dust). The computer still would not turn on so I thought maybe the power supply was shot. I switched the power supply and the computer turned on and now I am having a problem I cannot figure out:

The problem:
The computer now turns on but there is no display, just black screen. (Yes the hdmi cable is plugged into both the monitor and pc).After turning on the computer I get one beep (post) and then about 5-8 seconds later there are 2 short beeps.

Attempted solution:
These beeps are different than the long-short-short that is described in the manual as I have tried taking out the ram and gotten the long short short pattern that repeats. I also tried taking out the graphics card to use the integrated graphics and still get the same "normal" beep followed by the two short beeps about 5-8 seconds later. I have also tried reseting cmos and taking out the battery multiple times. I have also tried booting with 1 stick of ram and also changing which slot it is in.

The full spec sheet:
Cpu: AMD FX-8350
Mobo: Asus M5A78L-M
Ram: 2 sticks ddr3 1866 mhz g.skill sniper
Gpu: Nvidia gtx 750
Power supply (old): 450 watt, model no: KT-PSPK450B
Power supply (new): 750 watt, evga supernova 750 b2
Hard drive: white label 1tb 7200rpm

I'm stumped as to where to go from here.
Thanks for any help you guys can privide!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,032 posts
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:04 AM

Try to find the appropriate data, based on your BIOS and the tones you hear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users