Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to stop SVChost (netsvcs) from using 50% CPU all the time?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alpha_3rewqr

alpha_3rewqr

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:06 PM

Hii all,

I have a laptop with a bit of a old configuration. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00S43ORUO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Netsvcs is using up a lot of CPU. How do I figure out how to reduce its usage?

http://imgur.com/xNLcm0E

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:57 PM

- It could be a Windows Update problem. Open Task Manager (Services tab), highlight "Wuauserv", right click, select "Go to Process". Then Task Manager opens the "Processes" tab and highlights one of the "Scvhost.exe" processes. If that one process uses taht 50% then you've got a "Windows Update" problem.

#3 alpha_3rewqr

alpha_3rewqr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:04 PM

- It could be a Windows Update problem. Open Task Manager (Services tab), highlight "Wuauserv", right click, select "Go to Process". Then Task Manager opens the "Processes" tab and highlights one of the "Scvhost.exe" processes. If that one process uses taht 50% then you've got a "Windows Update" problem.

Yes..

exactly.. when I do that it goes to the SVCHOST with the 50%. How do I stop the windows update thing?

Thanks a lot..

#4 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:52 PM

- You're not the only one who has this problem. A LOT OF users have/had this problem (including me). If you search this forum then you'll find LOTS of people with the same problem.

- Go to:

http://wu.krelay.de/en/

Until MS comes up with a definitive fix for this problem one has to follow the instructions on that webpage EVERY month after the 2nd tuesday of the month (= Update Tuesday). One of those Updates will (temporarily !!!) solve the problem. Just a matter of trial & error. Keep us posted.

#5 alpha_3rewqr

alpha_3rewqr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:34 PM

Interesting.. I never experienced this on my other windows 7 computers/laptop. I just disabled Windows 7 update on my laptop..

#6 Willy22

Willy22

• Members
  • 945 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:39 PM

- You don't have to wait until the next "Update tuesday". You can fix the problem now. But that's - of course - your decision.

#7 BmthSlim

BmthSlim

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:05 AM

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:   Follow the link below for the solution to repair Windows Update  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/620568/win-update-issues/?p=4047738

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users