Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

YouTube links redirecting to YouTube clone site

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SpaceGhostC2C

SpaceGhostC2C

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:34 PM

I was on Twitch.tv today and noticed that all YouTube links posted are not directing me to YouTube.   They are not "redirecting" me, per say, but actually changing the hover URL and URL on click.  I'll post a picture to give you an idea. 

Using Win 7 x64

I have asked people to post links to various sites on Twitch.tv, it seems it is only YouTube that is redirecting me if that helps.

http://imgur.com/EedUXrR

//Do Not Click This Link // Mod Edit, deactivated potentilaly malicious link - Hamluis.
hxxx://xibkvsqamifcriaksj5jawda.cuphoobottle.com/wFENxaaxaDSHD6SwRQQgdCWwQFWllcQhBMQg8bAhEKQhVCF1wWShUURRpLWEVNEQNRGFVfCE5OVEBaXQZEXlUZUBEiQ2taVAlxaaxaEVUDUUdHRVQOSg1DQ0AfA1ZHFENAG0FcEVlDEkJfQU1ESUETFAdaW0dcBBcvVRtcGlNQBxdJ0M14Ixj8q6plhxZO]hxxx://xibkvsqamifcriaksj5jawda.cuphoobottle.com/wFENxaaxaDSHD6SwRQQgdCWwQFWllcQhBMQg8bAhEKQhVCF1wWShUURRpLWEVNEQNRGFVfCE5OVEBaXQZEXlUZUBEiQ2taVAlxaaxaEVUDUUdHRVQOSg1DQ0AfA1ZHFENAG0FcEVlDEkJfQU1ESUETFAdaW0dcBBcvVRtcGlNQBxdJ0M14Ixj8q6plhxZO]hxxx://xibkvsqamifcriaksj5jawda.cuphoobottle.com/wFENxaaxaDSHD6SwRQQgdCWwQFWllcQhBMQg8bAhEKQhVCF1wWShUURRpLWEVNEQNRGFVfCE5OVEBaXQZEXlUZUBEiQ2taVAlxaaxaEVUDUUdHRVQOSg1DQ0AfA1ZHFENAG0FcEVlDEkJfQU1ESUETFAdaW0dcBBcvVRtcGlNQBxdJ0M14Ixj8q6plhxZO]hxxx://xibkvsqamifcriaksj5jawda.cuphoobottle.com/wFENxaaxaDSHD6SwRQQgdCWwQFWllcQhBMQg8bAhEKQhVCF1wWShUURRpLWEVNEQNRGFVfCE5OVEBaXQZEXlUZUBEiQ2taVAlxaaxaEVUDUUdHRVQOSg1DQ0AfA1ZHFENAG0FcEVlDEkJfQU1ESUETFAdaW0dcBBcvVRtcGlNQBxdJ0M14Ixj8q6plhxZO
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
^^ is the URL the link takes me to, which looks exactly like YouTube, but videos do not play, etc.  Upon clicking the "Sign In" button at the top of the screen, it logs me in to the real YouTube and continues to play videos.  I clicked sign in before I realized that it wasn't the real YouTube website.

I have run Avast, MBAM, and TDSSKiller.  They all returned "No infections found"

Not sure what to do now, so I am posting here.  I hope someone can help. 

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 19 July 2016 - 02:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 inkoalawetrust

inkoalawetrust

• Members
  • 320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:05 PM

did you put in things like password and username when you pressed the sign in button ? if yes then change password in case you lose your account

Twitter

Discord:inkoalawetrust#9783

Website

#3 SpaceGhostC2C

SpaceGhostC2C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:07 PM

did you put in things like password and username when you pressed the sign in button ? if yes then change password in case you lose your account

No I didn't, but I will change the password anyway on another device.  Also, I have been checking IE/Firefox to see if this problem is present within them and it seems that it is confined to Chrome.  

Edit: Websites in chrome can no longer "provide a secure connection" as of 10 seconds ago.

Edited by SpaceGhostC2C, 19 July 2016 - 01:08 PM.

#4 EnderDragon1257

EnderDragon1257

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

1. Get the chrome cleanup tool from:

https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

If that doesn't work, try step 2

2. Try reinstalling your browser that keeps redirecting you to that site. This includes EVERYTHING, bookmarks, passwords, etc.

If that doesn't work, then you have some tricky virus that is hard to detect.

Oh, and also, try deleting any suspicious apps (If any) that you downloaded recently. Or, if you're really concerned, and don't really care about any of the applications you installed recently, delete them all. That May do the trick...

#5 SpaceGhostC2C

SpaceGhostC2C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:28 PM

1. Get the chrome cleanup tool from:

https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

If that doesn't work, try step 2

2. Try reinstalling your browser that keeps redirecting you to that site. This includes EVERYTHING, bookmarks, passwords, etc.

If that doesn't work, then you have some tricky virus that is hard to detect.

Oh, and also, try deleting any suspicious apps (If any) that you downloaded recently. Or, if you're really concerned, and don't really care about any of the applications you installed recently, delete them all. That May do the trick...

Thanks I'll try it.  Never knew chrome had this.

#6 EnderDragon1257

EnderDragon1257

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:30 PM

No problem

#7 SpaceGhostC2C

SpaceGhostC2C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:32 PM

No problem

Wow thank you very much! No longer have the problem.  No idea why it started but it seems to be gone now.

#8 EnderDragon1257

EnderDragon1257

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

No problem

Wow thank you very much! No longer have the problem.  No idea why it started but it seems to be gone now.

Yeah, you must have had a virus before, and now is deleted that changed it.

#9 SpaceGhostC2C

SpaceGhostC2C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:42 PM

No problem

Yeah, you must have had a virus before, and now is deleted that changed it.

It seems that my Adblock extension caused it.  The chrome cleanup tool disabled it, and when I re-enabled it the problem started again.  And after uninstalling the extension it seems fine again.  Hmm

#10 EnderDragon1257

EnderDragon1257

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

Ok, that is weird, as I know Adblock is legit. Are you sure you didn't get an Adblock from a fake clone website, and you got it directly from the chrome store? The legit ones come from the chrome store and have good reviews by many people. I know sometimes there is a toolbar that comes with some kind of adware or something that google didn't block yet.

#11 SpaceGhostC2C

SpaceGhostC2C
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:54 PM

Ok, that is weird, as I know Adblock is legit. Are you sure you didn't get an Adblock from a fake clone website, and you got it directly from the chrome store? The legit ones come from the chrome store and have good reviews by many people. I know sometimes there is a toolbar that comes with some kind of adware or something that google didn't block yet.

Yes I got them both from the chrome store.  I've installed both a few times now and each time I install one the redirect problem comes back, and after uninstalling it goes away.  

#12 EnderDragon1257

EnderDragon1257

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

Ok, you should report that to Adblock or something, I know it's probably very rare for them to look at your message. But i guess it's worth a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users