Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Volume icon or meter image in middle of screen

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 rstanza

rstanza

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

I keep getting this Image on my Screen today it would not go away even after I ran a Scan and did a trouble shoot process on it, It will not show up in a screen shot on paint, it can not be moved around the screen and in fact the Pointer disappears behind the image. I took this photo with my Camera.

I'm using Wins. 10 on a HP Pavilion Tower, Any help on this annoying problem very much appreciated, Ron

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,378 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:27 AM

Is is not Windows 10, it is something from your laptop.  If you do a PRT SCREEN and paste into Paint it probably isn't there.  I'd recommend a web search for your HP model and volume to see others having the issues and possible solutions.

#3 rstanza

rstanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:58 PM

Is is not Windows 10, it is something from your laptop.  If you do a PRT SCREEN and paste into Paint it probably isn't there.  I'd recommend a web search for your HP model and volume to see others having the issues and possible solutions.

Thanks I just found some info on my Laptop as soon as I get to work I'll download the driver updates on my Tower, Ron

#4 rstanza

rstanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:02 PM

I've unistalled Realtek HD Audio program, after I updated every driver I could, I searched Google, Yahoo, and YouTube and found similar issues but not a fix yet. Continuous scanning by Defender, nothing seems to stop this, I even tied troubleshooting in safe mode? Does anyone have a clue of what I can do to stop this, It isn't on my older PC or Laptop which both use Win 7, Thanks again for any help, Ron

Here it is again! The mouse goes behind it and everything behind it is hidden, it also can not be moved around, see original post for image.

#5 rstanza

rstanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:05 PM

I forgot I also tried HP Support, ck/this out 4 days out of Support so I'm guessing that won't work either!

Your HP support coverage for your p6-2108p expired on ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2013.
Your PC reached end of support on 7/17/2016. HP support coverage extensions and some repair parts are no longer available for your model. Use HP Support Assistant for self-support resources and tools.
Your coverage provided access to HP support agents trained to help troubleshoot and repair hardware issues.
Product Number: QW808AA#ABA
Serial Number: MXX2130J41

#6 opera

opera

• Members
  • 981 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 PM

Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:43 AM

If you have HP MediaSmart try stopping it from running as I believe it controls the volume OSD (on screen display)

#7 rstanza

rstanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:50 AM

I saw that as one of the Fixes, I can't find that in my Programs, That's why I came back Here, Thanks for your quick response, Ron

#8 opera

opera

• Members
  • 981 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 07:55 AM

Did you upgrade from Win 7 on that machine?

If so, right-click on Start and select Control Panel and then Programs and Features and see if it is listed there.

#9 rstanza

rstanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 08:36 AM

Yes from 7-10 but had no issues until 4-5 days ago, I've searched all apps and programs, even did a Run search Nothing with anything with that name or part of the name showsup but a long list under Media, Ive read articles about opening the Tower up and unplugging cables but that seems to be a bit drastic? I removed the realtek audio program I even unplugged the speakers and it still pops up, This thing is embedded somewhere! Thanks again Ron

#10 rstanza

rstanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:11 AM

Ok I think it"s Fixed, Windows Defender after 8-10 full scans didn't find anything, Troble shooting with Winds. 10 didn't Help, so I downloaded AVG and on first scan it found 8 suspected files, now after 6-8 hours run time no Popups! Hope this helps other folks, Ron

#11 rstanza

rstanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

Popup returned on startup, Ran another AVG scan, it disappeared and hasn't returned yet today, maybe I'll try Rkill next? http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr283/rstanza2002/DSC00037_zpsiz1hlgc8.jpg 

#12 gaberilde

gaberilde

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 12:22 PM

On the monitor press menu or exit buttons or switch monitor off and on again it will disaper

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

#13 rstanza

rstanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:34 PM

On the monitor press menu or exit buttons or switch monitor off and on again it will disaper

Man anything to be able to not have to scroll up & down or shrinking the screen to be able to see behind it! Thanks!

#14 gaberilde

gaberilde

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 04:19 PM

So its fixed?

Good then

Man anything to be able to not have to scroll up & down or shrinking the screen to be able to see behind it! Thanks!

Edited by gaberilde, 24 July 2016 - 04:23 PM.

The Friget spinner is spreading like the WanaCry ransomware!

#15 rstanza

rstanza
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2016 - 05:54 PM

So its fixed?
Good then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users