Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Display Backlight

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spellman1989

spellman1989

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

Ok so I have a HP laptop that I am fixing for my neighbor. Well the screen cracked on it when she dropped it. The model number is 17-p121wm. Well I ordered the exact screen revision number and all are exactly the same and brand new. The thing is whenever the battery is in or on the charger the backlight won't shut off at all. So I thought it was a problem with the old screen but even the new one does it. When the computer is shut down the lcd backlight is still on even though it will get dimmer as the battery discharges. Anyone have any idea what could cause this and how do I get it to cut off when the laptop is off. Everything else seems to function correctly just the backlight issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 788 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 PM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:41 PM

Some of the power management circuitry on the system board got fried, too, or the cable may be loose on the system board end. (Even then, I'd expect it to turn off if the PC was off)

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users