Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Latitude e5530 Bluetooth Adapter Install Failing

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Wenholz

Mark Wenholz

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:27 AM

Good morning. I have 3 Dell Latitude Laptops that I just reinstalled the OS (Windows 7 Professional) on and I can't get the Bluetooth Adapter installed. According to the Dell Website it requires the Wireless 380 software which I have tried to install directly from Dell but it fails stating "I need to activate the Wireless Switch" I have verified that this is turned on in the BIOS and even called Dell to look at the computer. According to Dell this is a driver issue that they want $129.00 to fix. Can someone please help me get this working.

Thanks

Mark

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:38 AM

For different reasons, my laptops have had the BlueTooth fail.  What I finally ended up doing:

With my AV & AM set to leave the In Search Of alone, and, if you have your Windows Update function turned off, it must be ON during this In Search Of.

Uninstall all Bluetooth software that can be uninstalled via Control Panel --> Programs.

Then immediately went into Control Panel's Device Manager and uninstalled all the found Bluetooth adapters [I have two in there].  Then, I Restarted.

I left Windows 7 alone, I let it come to full Desktop and allowed Windows all on its own to search for and find the necessary Bluetooth drivers, after it checked all thingies with green checkmarks, I restarted again.  After all of that:  so far, my Bluetooth adapter remains fully usable.

I just reread your opening, your Bluetooth is a Dell-special, my ideas above may/may not work for you.  If you know the exact specs of the built-in Bluetooth, you might be able to "bypass Dell software," download and install the Bluetooth manufacturer's software.

Edited by RolandJS, 19 July 2016 - 08:44 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Mark Wenholz

Mark Wenholz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:43 AM

The adapter itself is not even showing up under device manager and since the driver install is failing I have nothing to uninstall in control panel.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

Is this Bluetooth built into the laptop, or, is it attached to one of your usb ports?  If it's external, perhaps try another Bluetooth device to rule in or to rule out some things.

Edited by RolandJS, 19 July 2016 - 08:47 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 08:48 AM

What is the model number of the Dells?

#6 Mark Wenholz

Mark Wenholz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:20 AM

The Model of the Laptop is Latitude E5530 and its an internal card.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:33 AM

Install updated drivers according to this guide. The chipset and management engine may help in detecting the Bluetooth module. Is anything listed in Other Devices?

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN155430/en?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04

You should have a service tag on the bottom of the computer. Input that number here.

According to this Dell Thread the Wireless Switch is a small toggle switch on the front of the computer. This is on, correct?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19364845

#8 Mark Wenholz

Mark Wenholz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

John,

I followed this guide to the letter. Yes the switch on the front is on. I'm familiar with installation of drivers and operating systems as this is what I do for a living but I'm not able to get this working. I have searched Google for 2 days now and tried multiple options and still nothing is working.

#9 Mark Wenholz

Mark Wenholz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:47 AM

Also sorry forgot to answer your other question. There is nothing listed under other in device manager but also no Bluetooth Radio listed.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,849 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for notifying me on your experience level. 

If you open Device Manager and click on the top of the tree, the computer name, and select Action > Scan for new hardware is anything detected?

Edit: In your searches did you come across this thread? Extract the E370 driver using WinRar or 7zip and go to the svcpack folder in Win64. Double click the installer. This is supposed to reflash the firmware.

Edited by JohnC_21, 19 July 2016 - 11:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users