Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64bit acts as 32bit. Please help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hyp3r

Hyp3r

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:30 PM

So today I got my computer working which I had re-built with completely new parts. I started downloading some programs, for example TeamSpeak 3. I downloaded it as 64bit version, because thats what my computer is, it even says in the system information that it is. After I got it installed I tried to open it but it didn't open, it just shows in the task manager processes for a while. So after re-installing it once and finding out that it wouldn't work, I installed the 32bit version which actually did work, it was pretty weird but wouldn't really care for it so i just went with it. Later this night I got a game installed (Battlefield 4) which did the same thing in x64 mode, it wouldn't start! So again I tried the x86 version which is 32bit obviously, and it did start up. This is so weird and I cannot seem to find a fix for this. Would it have something to do  with activation of windows as this is still unactivated atm. I would really appreciate if someone found out what does this mean. It's windows 7 professional. And yeah my computer did work great in 64bit mode with the old parts before rebuilding it, and this is indeed the same windows 7. EDIT: FIXED, WAS BECAUSE OF SERVICE PACK UPDATE THAT DIDN'T SHOW UP AT FIRST

Edited by Hyp3r, 19 July 2016 - 12:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:37 PM

What new parts did you put into the computer?  There are hardware giants in here [I'm not one of them] who can take your list of what you just recently put in -- and come up with some possible causes and possible solutions. Give manufacturer names, model names & model numbers.

Edited by RolandJS, 18 July 2016 - 05:39 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Hyp3r

Hyp3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:43 PM

I replaced like everything. Heres the list:

Intel Core I5-6500 @3.2GHz LGA1151

Asrock Z170 Pro4S

Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2x 4GB) 2400MHz DDR4

Asus Strix R9 380 4GB OC GAMING

Corsair VS Series 650W

#4 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:52 PM

So today I got my computer working which I had re-built with completely new parts....... Would it have something to do  with activation of windows as this is still unactivated atm......  And yeah my computer did work great in 64bit mode with the old parts before rebuilding it, and this is indeed the same windows 7.

Since you 'replaced like everything,' I would consider your build as a 'New Build.' You replaced the Motherboard & unless an identical board was installed, MS will deem that a New Computer. Changing RAM, Video Cards, Processors, Hard Drives & Power Supply are acceptable upgrades.

Why isn't your OS activated yet?

Did you do a fresh install of Windows? Did you do Chipset & Driver updates? Did you download all critical MS updates?

Is your Win 7 Pro install disc an OEM copy? Or perhaps it is a Retail copy, that allows installing it to a now new computer?

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#5 Hyp3r

Hyp3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:01 PM

Yeah it is a new build indeed. I did do a fresh install of Windows yes, all drivers are up to date and. With critical MS updates, you mean windows updates right? Seems like I do have one left. Yeah If im right its a retail copy.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:28 PM

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

#7 Hyp3r

Hyp3r
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:27 AM

A quick question hamluis, for the MTB, I got a notepad file full of text but some of it is in Finnish, will I paste it still?

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:36 AM

English...is the common language used at this forum.

I can't say that posting anything in some other language...would be of any value to me...but this is a worldwide forum and maybe someone who can read the native language used in Finland...may be able to make such data valuable/useful.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users