Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless stopped working a few days ago. No obvious reason why.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 vadentech1

vadentech1

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

I have a Dell Laptop which was running windows 8 originally. It was updated to windows 10 a few months ago. There were no issues with the upgrade and wireless continued to work. Just a few days ago the wireless stopped working. 

Found that some services were not running. 

Trying to start WLAN Auto Config give me error 1068 - The dependency service or group failed to start. 

Went into the dependencies listed for WLAN Auto Config. 

Dependency Windows Connection Manager Gives error 127 - The specified procedure could not be found

I have been researching for the last week on getting these resolved. Havent found anything solid in the way of information on Windows 10. Any help would be greatly appreciuated. 

I have done a full virus scan and ran mbam. both came back completely clean. 
I have reset the TCPIP stack to default settings
I have tried to run windows update but updates will not download.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 July 2016 - 02:32 PM.
moved from Windows 10 Support to Networking

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:41 PM

Please execute the batch script i have created as administrator download link is below. Tell us the result!

Set Windows Services To Default Startup

Posted Image

#3 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:04 PM

Did the problem occur around July 12th? A update (KB3172985) around then included:

"Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication...Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity."

Edited by Trikein, 18 July 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#4 vadentech1

vadentech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:05 PM

Please execute the batch script i have created as administrator download link is below. Tell us the result!

Set Windows Services To Default Startup

Ran bat file as admin. "Windows Services Default Settings Restored" was the message I received on completion. 

Still no wireless connections available for this laptop only. 

Still unable to start two services: Windows connection manager & WLAN Auto Config

#5 vadentech1

vadentech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:07 PM

Did the problem occur around July 12th? A update around then included:

"Fixed additional issues in .NET, Windows Kernel, Windows Update, authentication...Bluetooth, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, networking, and Wi-Fi connectivity."

Yes that date is about right. Im going to try uninstalling that update. Will report back shortly.

Edited by vadentech1, 18 July 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#6 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:55 PM

Im not sure uninstalling the update that broke something will repair the damage. Instead find KB3172988 when wired in Windows update which may patch it.

Edited by Trikein, 18 July 2016 - 04:56 PM.

#7 vadentech1

vadentech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

I installed the updated KB. Restarted. Still cant connect to wireless. Still getting: Error 127: The specified procedure could not be found. Windows could not start the Windows Connection Manager. Ive looked up my error everywhere I can think of but Im not finding any good leads. 

#8 vadentech1

vadentech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:23 PM

I ran sfc /scannow. It fails at 33%. Says it found corrupt files but unable to fix. What are my options at this point?

#9 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:50 PM

Sorry I am not responding, but I do not have any ideas as of yet. The problem is WLAN Auto Config service won't start because other sevices that it depends on won't start possible because some of their supporting files have become corrupted. A system repair may help, or a system restore may be easier if it wouldn't make you lose anything important.  If not, I would suggest to wait for other users like FreeBooter to reply to your test results.

Edited by Trikein, 18 July 2016 - 07:50 PM.

#10 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:01 PM

Uninstall and install latest version of wireless network card driver.
Check to see if WLAN Auto Config service working.

Posted Image

#11 vadentech1

vadentech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

Uninstall and install latest version of wireless network card driver.
Check to see if WLAN Auto Config service working.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless driver multiple times to no avail. WLAN Auto Config will not start because one of its dependencies is the Windows Connection Manager. WIndows connection manager keeps stating that it cant be found when trying to start that service.

"Windows Connection Manager Gives error 127 - The specified procedure could not be found". 

I am currently running the DISM. If you have any other suggestions I would welcome your advice. 

#12 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair is a tool designed help fix a large majority of known Windows problems including; registry errors, file permissions, issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Updates, Windows Firewall and more. Download Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool and run the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool from Safe Mode With Networking and  from Repairs tab click Open Repairs button. From opened Repairs window place check mark for  Reset Registry Permissions, Reset Service Permissions, Register System Files, Repair WMI, Repair Network, Repair Windows Firewall, Remove Policies Set By Infections, Repair Proxy Settings, Repair Windows Updates, Repair MSI (Windows Installer), Restore Important Windows Services, Set Windows Services To Default Startup, Repair Windows 8/10 Component Store, Restore Windows 8/10 COM+ Unmarshalers, Restore UAC (User Account Control) Settings, Repair Hosts File, Repair Performance Counters, Repair Volume Shadow Copy Service, Repair MDAC & MS Jet and Reset File Permissions check boxes and click Start Repair button.

Posted Image

#13 vadentech1

vadentech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:02 PM

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair is a tool designed help fix a large majority of known Windows problems including; registry errors, file permissions, issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Updates, Windows Firewall and more. Download Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool and run the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Tool from Safe Mode With Networking and  from Repairs tab click Open Repairs button. From opened Repairs window place check mark for  Reset Registry Permissions, Reset Service Permissions, Register System Files, Repair WMI, Repair Network, Repair Windows Firewall, Remove Policies Set By Infections, Repair Proxy Settings, Repair Windows Updates, Repair MSI (Windows Installer), Restore Important Windows Services, Set Windows Services To Default Startup, Repair Windows 8/10 Component Store, Restore Windows 8/10 COM+ Unmarshalers, Restore UAC (User Account Control) Settings, Repair Hosts File, Repair Performance Counters, Repair Volume Shadow Copy Service, Repair MDAC & MS Jet and Reset File Permissions check boxes and click Start Repair button.

Thank you sir! Ill give it a try. 

#14 vadentech1

vadentech1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:27 PM

Still no luck. Ran the tweaking.com repair tool in safe mode with networking. Still cant get Windows Connection Manager service started. Any suggestions before I format and reinstall? 

#15 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:24 PM

I personally would try a system restore to before the update. Do you have restore points?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users