Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot create a new folder on desktop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Markgee

Markgee

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:53 PM

it seems that when i go to create a new folder on desktop the word Folder does not appear in the menu after clicking on the word New. Please help me resolve this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,651 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

I may not correctly understand your question, but Right click on the desktop, move the curser to new but do not click, move the curser into Folder and click. If you click on New nothing will happen.

If what you mean is that you do not see the "Folder" option in the right-click menu, this may help in adding it.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Markgee

Markgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

When i right click on the the desktop a box opens and the word New is listed there. Then when I place my cursor on the word New and then slide over to open another box I am not seeing the word Folder with the other items listed. It like disappeared so now I cannot create new folders.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 03:50 PM

Please do this.

Go to one of your folders-pictures, music, documents, other.

Pretend you want to create a new folder there. Does the option for Folder appear when you hover over New? Most likely it will not.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 July 2016 - 03:56 PM.

#5 Markgee

Markgee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

i tried it Queen Evie and it still does not work. I still need help to resolve this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users