Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

May Purchase Alienware 13 R2 with problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iKokomo

iKokomo

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 PM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:17 AM

I am looking (on eBay, good seller rating) at one of the top of the non OLED Alienware 13 R2 with the 965m 4GB graphics card and right now it is super cheap. The problem is (to quote the seller) the person before him accidentally broke off the part where the keyboard goes in to the motherboard.
Other than the keyboard not working, it works perfectly? 

I was wondering how hard of a fix this would be? Would I have to buy a new motherboard? I see Alienware 13 motherboards for this online for about $300-400 which would still make it a very good deal. My question is, can I buy a cheaper (all of these have processors built into them) motherboard with an i5 in it and replace it with the i7 that comes with the laptop?

I have repaired and built computers before so I am not a novice to this, but I really haven't done a laptop before. I was just wondering how possible this repair is.

Thanks! 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,382 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 18 July 2016 - 06:19 AM

Fixing may be hard but you probably can use external keyboard even if fixing is not successful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users