Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tracking down a spy bot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 davemcman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:37 PM

I recently received an email from my internet provider informing me that one of my network devices has a spy bot running. My router is password protected. Otherwise, I have a PC, a Mac Book Pro, an LGG4, an iPad Air and a Motorola Droid  attached as permitted devices. All have some form of malware and anti virus and all are pass word protected, for what little good that does. I change passwords regularly, but probably not enouth.
Yes, it's probably a fairly simple fix, but it's beyond my meager skills. I regularly run and update SpyBot and Avast on the PC, which is the most likely culprit other than the phones, and have seen some odd things, mostly files not being able to be accessed for scanning. I'm attaching the log file from the recent run of HiJack This.
Thanks for your assistance.

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 July 2016 - 11:59 PM.
Moved to log forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,646 posts
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:52 PM

​If you still need help- we use a FRST log nowdays, not HJT. Usually Iam only on this site once or twice a day so you may not get a reply back from me until the following day.

​See link below, you can start at step 6 for directions downloading and running FRST:

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users