Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New MSI Mobo/no sound or jack detection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 vipe155

vipe155

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 04:49 PM

Hi everyone, I just bought and built a new system, using a MSI B150M "Bazooka" mobo. Everything seems to be fine but the audio. I'm using Windows 10.   I get absolutely nothing. The audio is enabled in the BIOS (I flashed the most recent as well), I've installed the driver disk audio drivers, downloaded some off the net, and tried using MSI's Live Update to install the Realtek drivers. Also restarted the Windows audio service.  I also uninstalled my NVIDIA drivers to make sure there wasn't a conflict there. Nothing works.

I get no jack detection, in the back w/speakers or front panel with headphones. If I disable jack detection, no sound comes out of anything either. All I get from Windows 10 is a red X from the speaker icon, and a worthless troubleshooter saying I have nothing plugged in.

Any ideas on this, or do I have some extremely unlucky defective board? Sure, I could buy a separate soundcard, but I shouldn't have to do that. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users