Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Christmas

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 EdBee

EdBee

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 AM

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:16 PM

My info is that we are not allowed to wish anyone "Merry Christmas" anymore--especially if we live in California. If I make the mistake of wishing you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS , which I am right now--please
do not turn me in to the Christmas police :flowers: :thumbsup:
EDBEE from NMUSA- RENOWNED MALWARE FIGHTER AND SWORN ENEMY OF ALL INTERNET HIJACKERS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:20 PM

No worry EdBee mum is the word. :flowers: So, so very sad! :inlove: California is such a liberal state. Christmas being outlawed in this country is a travesty! It breaks my heart! In related news. A town in Colorado did not allow Christmas themed songs or signs with the words "Merry Christmas" in the Holiday Parade. :thumbsup: Parade

I bet though that the towns Mayor takes the day of Christmas and city hall is shut down. What a hypocrite!!!! It is also ironic though that Christmas remains a Federal Holiday.

Also last year a Colorado school did not allow any Christmas themed songs in the childrens Christmas Program (or as they decided to call it Holiday Program) For instance references to Christmas were changed to Winter. :trumpet:

Edited by scarlett, 07 December 2004 - 01:36 PM.

Posted Image

#3 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:34 PM

:flowers: Hi there everyone...being a "Canucker", i don't quite get the drift of the chat as since i was a toddler and am now a "baby boomer", December 25th has always been a special day with families.
I think i have missed something here in the dialogue????
Anyway i would like to complement Scarlett in the efforts to spread the colour and spirit of Christmas in her post signature!!! It is really "nifty". and in the Spirit of Christmas i will sign of with "joyful cheers" to all. :trumpet:

:thumbsup: :inlove: <- <-me out and about shopping!!
I am relatively new into posting in this forum but enjoy the wealth of info and the spirit of the members!!!!!!!!!

Edited by georgia, 07 December 2004 - 01:37 PM.

Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:39 PM

The liberal left and civil rights advocates are changing the way Christian Symbols and Christmas is allowed to be displayed and viewed in this country. So as not to offend anyone of other faiths. But in the meantime Christians are being discrimanated against.

Thank you so much georgia I am just trying to spread Some Christmas Cheer! Just to let u know I was born in Newfoundland. :thumbsup: So want to go back someday! Merry Christmas, Scarlett

EDIT: Point taken Koan

Happy Kwanzaa! & Happy Hanukkah! May Your Season Be Bright!

Edited by scarlett, 07 December 2004 - 01:54 PM.

Posted Image

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the &quot;Logic Free Zone&quot;, in Md, USA

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:42 PM

Since we're not spreading any Holiday/Holyday Joy or Greetings anymore...

Don't forget to not wish a "Happy Hanukkah" to our Jewish friends and neighbors!
(Starts at sundown this evening through the 17th)

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:50 PM

I know what y'all are thinking. "Oh brother, here she is, it's her again!" But, y'all know me, I can't pass this up! LOL :thumbsup:

All of this makes me furious. Did y'all notice that while we grant one right to one person or one group, everyone else's is taken away? There is no winning, not that this is a game by any means. It has always bothered me that people use XMAS rather than CHRISTMAS. One person told me the X was used to abbreviate but last I remembered elementary school English, X is not related to C. Another one told me that X represented the cross. Well, this would be cruel if you ask me. Christmas is the holiday to remember Christ's BIRTH, not DEATH.
It bothers me, regardless of the excuse but far be it from me to take away someone else's right.
And, in a nutshell, the ACLU MAKES ME SICK!!! (Enough said)
This politically correct CRAP has to stop, too. I have lots of friends of every race, religion, and creed. NOT ONE OF THEM is offended when someone wishes them "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas". And that is the way it should be. I am white but if someone came up to me and said "Happy Kwanzaa" I would reply with "Happy Kwanzaa to you, too" with a smile.
Since my kids were in elementary school here in Fort Worth, Texas, it has always been "Winter Break", not "Christmas Vacation". That's fine. Whatever people do with that time off has no bearing on what you call it. I'm not offended by that term. But to raise hell and create havoc over someone wishing you a Merry Christmas is ridiculous. What is wrong with people? If I were in Saudi Arabia or some other Muslim country, I'd have NO problem wishing someone a "Happy Eid" or as they say "Eid Mubarak". If I was in Israel, I'd have NO problem wishing someone "Happy Hanukkah". Quite frankly, I'd have NO problem with anyone wishing me any of those things right here in the old USA.
Get a life people. Use your efforts to feed and clothe the homeless for crying out loud.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL!

~67~

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 01:56 PM

No complaints from me ~67~ I so love (and always seem to agree with) your soapbox rants. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#8 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:01 PM

Then it's true. You are a great mind, like myself, lol.
But I'd never think you'd disagree with me anyway...

:) :cool: :trumpet: :inlove: :flowers: :P :thumbsup:

#9 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:18 PM

Merry Christmas!

Yeah that Xmas CRAP people use makes me sick!

It takes Christ out of Christmas!

It has nothing to do with shortening the word!

Have a Good Christmas everyone!

#10 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 02:27 PM

Well said CGM3! :flowers: :thumbsup:
Yes I do blieve it is true. It is done so Christ is taken out of Christmas A beautiful word such as Christmas should never be shortened anyway. IMHO
Posted Image

#11 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:25 PM

:thumbsup: When it is Christmas I think of John Lennon...and the song Happy Christmas (War is Over) lyrics by Lennon/Ono.
This incredible man is no longer with us but he left us with his ideas and music that will never be forgotten such as the aforementioned song. A tremendous legacy.

As the first chorus goes....I don't think it can be said any better and by an artist who had profound respect for all cultures. It goes like this....

"A very Merry Christmas
And a Happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

And so this is Christmas
For weak and for strong
For rich and for poor ones
The world is so wrong
And so happy Christmas
For black and for white
For yellow and red ones
Let's stop all the fight.

And the Closing Chorus.........

"War is over, if you want it
War is over now
Happy Christmas"

I believe this most talented musician says it all in this song.
I hope that this song spreads good thoughts and karma as most truly he would want.
I play this song repeatedly over the season as it simply is so inciteful.

Have a good one, one and all!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowers:

#12 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 08 December 2004 - 06:24 AM

Here I just got to show the Christmas strip from clan of the cats:
Posted Image
Wonderful, isn't it?

Oh, and concerning xmas: Wikipedia - Xmas
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#13 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 08 December 2004 - 06:28 AM

Thank You.
Posted Image

#14 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:10 AM

Posted Image

Let It Snow

Edited by Scarlett, 01 December 2006 - 08:17 PM.

Posted Image

#15 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:42 AM

Great post Scarlett!!!!!!!! A week to the magical, wonderous day!!! Thanx for keeping the site upbeat with your creative ingenuity and taking the time to let others like myself know what is out there!!!!!!!!!
You are a valuable contributor and make the site very appealing, especially to a member such as myself who is generally bogged down in work!!!!
:thumbsup: Have a great day!!!!!!!! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users