Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect to ONE friend on anything

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Snipehawk

Snipehawk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

New here, was wondering if I could get any help:

Trying to play online with a friend as well as Skype him, but he is unable to connect to my server and I can hear him but he can't hear me on Skype. We can connect to other friends perfectly but not eachother for whatever reason. Problem persists while trying to Skype using cellphones as well as we have pin pointed it as an Internet problem. We both have the same Internet provider mine running at 35 mbps down and 5.5 Mbps up. His running at 50 Mbps down and 5.5 up. Any help would be great, already contacted Shaw (internet provider) and they can't even figure it out... This problem only seemed to start happening about 2 months ago before that everything was good and we can't find any obvious changes concerning the problem.

If someone else hosts the Skype call we can hear each other flawlessly, and if we join a third party server we can connect to eachtoher. The problem is only when trying to host eachother on anything...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:48 AM

"Problem persists while trying to Skype using cellphones as well as we have pin pointed it as an Internet problem."

Cell phones on Wifi or cellular?

My guess is something with his router. Do you know what router/gateway he has? Does he have a modem he can try connecting direct to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users