Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Malware - so hard to detect, please help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 awpbot

awpbot

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:11 AM

Hi all,

Brief summary of my issue:
1. Running windows 10 home edition 64-bit
2. Every timeIi restart my PC or intermittently, audio of advertisements such as 'weight loss' etc will play in background albeit no browser is open and other repeated random sounds.
3. Have attempted (and still ave logs) of 'cleaning'threats detected across a range of removal tools and still the issue persist. These tools include: Rogue Killer, Malwarebytes, Adwcleaner, Hitman Pro and CCleaner.
4. Did use uTorrent in the past but have since deleted and no longer use any P2P software. 

Absolutely desperate for a resolution and would be greatly appreciated (guaranteed donation) for anyone who is able to assist me remove this annoying issue.

Thanks

Edited by Platypus, 18 July 2016 - 07:50 AM.
Moved from Logs forum as topic showing no logs will not be addressed there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 awpbot

awpbot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

Hi Platypus,

Where do I get the logs from? Can't you help me out mate?

#3 awpbot

awpbot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:03 AM

Confirming my issue has been resolved, resorted to Freelancer to resolve it given the horrendous wait times, which of course is not fault of anyone.

Just for learning, it was an adware that made internet explorer run in the background. Nothing picked this up, Malware, CCleaner, Combo, FRST64, RogueKiller, AdwCleaner NOTHING.

All the best guys, keep up the good work. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users