Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I need help!!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fred93

fred93

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:11 PM

I realize that this is not the proper place to post this question, but I am at wits end! I am a member of a local EAA chapter and I am in charge of handling our Yahoo Group web site. I am somewhat lost as how to perform certain duties within the web site.

The main problem that I have right now is managing the member's information. When I took over the job of handling the Yahoo Group I noticed that the list of members page had everyone's email address but there was NO first and last names associated with the email addresses. So I had NO idea how owned what email address.

If someone out there can please direct me to the right place to get some help!!! I have been Googling for three months and I have not been able to find any answers!

Please help!

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 10 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:00 PM

I still have a few Yahoo groups but I haven't used them since Onelist(Onegroup?) days. Is it possible to send mass mail requesting people to renew their membership with name? 

#3 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:31 PM

I still have a few Yahoo groups but I haven't used them since Onelist(Onegroup?) days. Is it possible to send mass mail requesting people to renew their membership with name? 

The only way that I have been able to add/change/correct spelling of a member's name in the Yahoo Group member list is when I was made an owner/moderator I was able to edit MY name only. I could not edit anyone else's name.

The only thing that I can think of is to remove a member and then re-invite them. However, I have not been able to find out where a member must write in his name so that it appears in the member list. I invited a member a few days ago and I did it on my computer (with his permission)so that I could see what the "invite" looked like and I saw no place where to enter his name!

I really would like to see a tutorial of the invite process. Do you know where I can go to find out this info. Yahoo supposedly has discontinued it's chat program and I found no place online where a phone number was listed--so I guess everyone is on their own as far as Yahoo is concerned???

#4 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 05:28 PM

I wish I could help. I tried signing into my account in the first time in about 10+years and it wouldn't recognize my email. Unsub doesn't even work for me even though I am the owner. Seems most of Yahoo groups is taken over by spammers. My only choice it seems is to mark my own list as spam. LOL

Edited by Trikein, 17 July 2016 - 05:30 PM.

#5 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 09:08 PM

I wish I could help. I tried signing into my account in the first time in about 10+years and it wouldn't recognize my email. Unsub doesn't even work for me even though I am the owner. Seems most of Yahoo groups is taken over by spammers. My only choice it seems is to mark my own list as spam. LOL

Is there something else out there that could replace the function of Yahoo Group web site and not have all of their problems?

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:24 AM

No and Yahoo Groups are mostly obsolete. Most folks have moved on to Facebook or Twitter. I still own a couple but they're inactive for the most part and they aren't worth wasting my time.

#7 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

Thanks for your input-it is much appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users