Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo T410 - Windows 10 - Battery Charging Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Punkrulz

Punkrulz

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

Good afternoon!

Hopefully this is in the right spot as I'm not certain if this is considered internal or external. I have a Lenovo T410 with a relatively new battery and have been having issues with the battery charging. Lately it seems that the battery will not go above 73-76% charge. Windows reports that the battery is charging, however it never goes beyond that percentage with the laptop on or off.

The battery was replaced May 2015. I checked the health of the battery using HWInfo64, and the health seems to be pretty great. Battery charging has gone back and forth with giving me problems. I'm clinging to every little bit of last hope that the battery is the issue. Here's everything that I did:

1. Previously had Lenovo Power Manager; removed this.
  2. Checked registry for any power percentage settings; nothing was found.
  3. Attempted to update battery firmware; no updates found.
  4. Discharged the battery completely and attempted to recharge it; this didn't help.
  5. As stated, battery health seemed ok.
  6. No BIOS battery options to verify.
  7. Fresh install of Windows 10

Is there anything else that I can do in order to check to see what might be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZeroForge

ZeroForge

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

Hello, Punkrulz:

Is the replacement battery Lenovo or an off-brand equivalent?

-ZeroForge

#3 Punkrulz

Punkrulz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:44 PM

Hello, Punkrulz:

Is the replacement battery Lenovo or an off-brand equivalent?

-ZeroForge

Zero, I'm going with off brand. As long as this link works, this is exactly what I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GDPOZWA/ref=gwm_tlc_pi?pf_rd_p=8a89d6cc-6768-4927-9476-0d5144805ddd&pf_rd_s=grid-6&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=8HYJ9NJWV60XE31MX7FK

#4 Punkrulz

Punkrulz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:51 AM

Is there any way to reliably tell if it is the battery causing me problems and not something else? I don't want to try to replace the battery if I'm going to have the same problem and not know what it is. I used HWInfo64 and the health of the battery did not seem to be bad by any means.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users