Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why does my brand new Logitech g930 have such ridiculously low volume?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 redapple46

redapple46

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:54 PM

I have tried many different things that I saw online and nothing worked. The problem is this... I plug in my g930 and start using it but when I use it, the volume is just so ridiculously low in comparison to any other basic/less customizable headsets. I look at my mixer and I put the volume all the way up at the main spot so that all the volume bars go up as well, but even though the rest of the bars are going up with the master volume thing, the volume isnt really going up enough. I can even tell by the fluctuations on the bar on the mixer that shows how loud things are and I can see that even though I raised it all the way up the fluctuations are not following. I predict that some type of setting on this new headset is preventing the sound for going louder than a certain point, but how do I fix that so it follows at least what the mixer does.

Edited by hamluis, 27 December 2016 - 05:54 PM.
Removed formatting - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZeroForge

ZeroForge

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:29 PM

Hi, redapple46!

What OS are you running on?  Have you downloaded the latest drivers?

G930 Drivers can be found here: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/wireless-gaming-headset-g930#download

Also have you looked at the Logitech software and made sure the EQ is on, preamp is increased, and channel phantoming off (Krptos, 2012)?

Lastly, fr33soul (2012) speaks of not using the Logitech software at all by making sure the Logitech software does not run automatically.  When this happens, Windows will use the drivers but not be hindered by the software.

Personally I don't have the G930 wireless, I have the wired G35 and plugging it in without the Logitech software works fine under Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 from my testing.

I hope this helps.

-ZeroForge

References

Krptos. (2012). G930 - low volume [Msg 2 & 3]. Message posted to https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Earphones-Headphones-Headsets/G930-low-volume/td-p/869018

fr33soul. (2012). G930 - low volume [Msg 6]. Message posted to https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Earphones-Headphones-Headsets/G930-low-volume/td-p/869018

#3 billbaffles

billbaffles

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

Hi.  I got these today and found low volume to be an issue.  I like loud headphones.  After doing some reading, I read the EU has regulations which prevent the headset from becoming too loud and that older programs/drivers are louder.  Initially, the software i downloaded would not recognize the headset.

I found this link:  http://www.logitech.com/pub/gaming/g930/g930_100364b_x64.exe

It is the same software as is shown in the user manual.  If you go to equalizer, then advanced, you will see pre-amp on the left hand side.  Turning that up will greatly increase volume of the headphones.  Be sure to click the icon to turn on advanced settings and you are all set.  I considered returning them due to the volume issue but since they do turn way up i have decided to keep them.

#4 Guest_legendofmike_*

Guest_legendofmike_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

Hi.  I got these today and found low volume to be an issue.  I like loud headphones.  After doing some reading, I read the EU has regulations which prevent the headset from becoming too loud and that older programs/drivers are louder.  Initially, the software i downloaded would not recognize the headset.

I found this link:  http://www.logitech.com/pub/gaming/g930/g930_100364b_x64.exe

It is the same software as is shown in the user manual.  If you go to equalizer, then advanced, you will see pre-amp on the left hand side.  Turning that up will greatly increase volume of the headphones.  Be sure to click the icon to turn on advanced settings and you are all set.  I considered returning them due to the volume issue but since they do turn way up i have decided to keep them.

Glad to see this so recent. So just tested these out today. I installed the software, but the max volume is not that loud.  Not that I want them to blow my ear drums, but I would like them to be louder for certain things such as gaming and movies. But to have them maxed out and not being very loud, it was disappointing.  I used that link you provided, but it downloaded a 'logitech camera controller'....not sure what that was about...

How do I find the older drivers?  Thanks!

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:26 PM

From this link it seems it is not the driver but installing the older gaming software helps. 

Older software available here but I can't tell you which out of the list to download.

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 December 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#6 Guest_legendofmike_*

Guest_legendofmike_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:51 PM

From this link it seems it is not the driver but installing the older gaming software helps. 

Older software available here but I can't tell you which out of the list to download.

Cool. I also found this this this (http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/lgs). One other thing I just found out is that Logitech discontinued voice morphing....they discontinued a contract with another company that did the sounds or whatev. Not the reason why I got the headset, but thought it would be fun....

How loud does your headset get? I had a turtle beach and those things got too loud. But you never should have to play on max volume anyway. I just like the option to go as loud as I want...

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:57 PM

Sorry, I don't have a headset. I just posted the link hoping it would help with your problem.

Edit: I only use ear phones as I am not a gamer. These are the ones I bought and they can blow your ears out.

Edited by JohnC_21, 28 December 2016 - 08:00 PM.

#8 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:36 AM

If were talking on board integrated sound well that topic is trash, get a real sound card and you wont have that problem anymore, my sound card if i put it on max volume it will blow my head phones.

#9 Guest_legendofmike_*

Guest_legendofmike_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

If were talking on board integrated sound well that topic is trash, get a real sound card and you wont have that problem anymore, my sound card if i put it on max volume it will blow my head phones.

I did have an analog wired headset before this new one, and it was able to get much louder. Maybe I'll have to send this one back and get another analog headset. I'll do some research, but off the top of your head, are there analog headsets out there with wireless capabilities?

#10 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:09 PM

No idea, and im not big on on the wireless topic my self.

#11 HughJassKoda

HughJassKoda

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:00 AM

Here's how to solve the g930 low volume. It works for G945 too

Uninstall any current Logitech software.

Install Logitech Gaming Software version 8.57.145 below for your windows

32 bit Windows install: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_8.57.145_x86_Logitech.exe
64 bit Windows install: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_8.57.145_x64_Logitech.exe

Once installed, right click the white speaker down by the Windows time (bottom right) and choose "Playback Devices". Double click the Logitech G930 or G945 and enter the "Enhancements" tab.

Check "Speaker Fill" and "Loudness Equalization" and Apply. Now enter the "Levels" tab and adjust the level slider.

With this method you will have normal high volume in your headset AND you will have BOTH voice morphing and 7.1 surround.

If you still don't have the Enhancement tab you still have a newer version of the Logitech software installed. Make sure to uninstall all Logitech software before starting these steps.

You should be good to go after doing this. I always am.

HughJassKoda

#12 HughJassKoda

HughJassKoda

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

32 bit Windows install: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_8.57.145_x86_Logitech.exe
64 bit Windows install: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_8.57.145_x64_Logitech.exe

Once installed, right click the white speaker down by the Windows time (bottom right) and choose "Playback Devices". Double click the Logitech G930 or G945 and enter the "Enhancements" tab.

Check "Speaker Fill" and "Loudness Equalization" and Apply. Now enter the "Levels" tab and adjust the level slider.

With this method you will have normal high volume in your headset AND you will have BOTH voice morphing and 7.1 surround.

If you still don't have the Enhancement tab you still have a newer version of the Logitech software installed. Make sure to uninstall all Logitech software before starting these steps.

HughJassKoda

#13 Guest_legendofmike_*

Guest_legendofmike_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

Thanks, man. I'm going to try this out when I get some time. I'll report back.

#14 Mauno911

Mauno911

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

HughJassKoda

Do you know if this works with the G35 as well? I'm currently using LGS 8.40 for the pre-amp option, but if I disconnect the headset from the usb then back again there is no sound. Uninstalling drivers in device manager, then reconnecting solves the issue until next time. Although this works, it's not an optimal solution.

#15 vickster339

vickster339

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:30 AM

ROFL I just did what you suggested and when the speakers came this happened... 

Thanks man

HughJassKoda

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users