Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Create a new roaming profile 2008 R2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 krushhsifu

krushhsifu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:42 AM

So i recently acquired a company that i now administrate. I have created a new account but im unable to login using new credentials why is that.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

A few observations off the top of my head -- is the account you created a local account on that computer, or a domain account?

Where and how did you create the account?

Is the computer you are trying to log in on joined to the domain? Is it attached to the domain's network (Ethernet,WiFi?)

#3 krushhsifu

krushhsifu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:15 AM

Well I created the account in active directory and used a computer that has joined the domain. I can use the profile as  a super user to grant permissions but cant login with it.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

Not sure what you mean as "superuser", as that kind of account no longer exists in Windows. If I understand this correctly, you log into the server with another account, and then supply the credentials for this other account when you need to do something?

Also, when you created the new account in Active Directory, did you create a new user account, or did you use one of the built-in accounts in the Users container? Is the account you are using a member of the Domain Users group?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users