Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows can't be installed on Drive!?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:36 PM

You are welcome :)

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:39 PM

Okay i think i'm missing something is the OP installing the windows 10 on PC or MAC if OP installing the windows 10 on PC is he dual booting PC with Windows 10 and  MAC OS?

Posted Image

#18 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:42 PM

The OP used his Mac to create a bootable Win 10 installer to install on a PC.

Right now, I am thinking that it is better if the OP can try booting into Safe Mode

The thing is, unless you have a newer (2013+) model, the bootable installer may not work on Windows. And even if the OP has the newer model, the Mac drivers may cause problems. Its best that the OP uses Disk Utility, for which I have linked to the instructions.

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Github | Keybase

#19 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:53 PM

The OP used his Mac to create a bootable Win 10 installer to install on a PC.

Right now, I am thinking that it is better if the OP can try booting into Safe Mode

The thing is, unless you have a newer (2013+) model, the bootable installer may not work on Windows. And even if the OP has the newer model, the Mac drivers may cause problems. Its best that the OP uses Disk Utility, for which I have linked to the instructions.

It does not matter where OP creating the bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive from if the Bootcamp Utility not use to create HDD disk style then disk will be converted the disk style of which PC booted from if PC booted with UEFI then windows can only install on GPT disk and if PC using legacy BIOS mode the Windows 10 can only be install on MBR disk.

Edited by FreeBooter, 17 July 2016 - 12:54 PM.

Posted Image

#20 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 01:29 PM

Another problem is the Mac drivers which Bootcamp includes automatically which interfere a lot.

yosemite-boot_camp_asst.png

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#21 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:16 PM

The Mac drivers added to bootable USB drive because MAC drivers needed when installing Windows 10 on MAC system when installing windows 10 on PC those drivers not used. The UNetbootin allows you to create bootable Live USB drives for Ubuntu, MAC and other Linux distributions without burning a CD.

Posted Image

#22 Satavahana

Satavahana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:47 AM

Guys there now a new problem, when I was trying to install the OS the error which said the file format isn't compatible what I had done is actually formated those two drive ( two of those were the C drive ) and now when I start it up, it is saying no OS is found... So now the only solution is to install an OS via the Pendrive, soooooo is the only way which I can do is create bootable drive from another Windows computer or can I do in my Mac??

#23 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:24 AM

Guys there now a new problem, when I was trying to install the OS the error which said the file format isn't compatible what I had done is actually formated those two drive ( two of those were the C drive ) and now when I start it up, it is saying no OS is found... So now the only solution is to install an OS via the Pendrive, soooooo is the only way which I can do is create bootable drive from another Windows computer or can I do in my Mac??

It is showing two C drives? And yes you can do it through the Mac! Just...don't use Bootcamp.

Download the Windows 10 iso from here

An iso file has everything you need to create a bootable flash drive or DVD installer

Next, use Disk Utility (Open Finder, go to Applications folder, then find and open the Utilities folder. There, you will find Disk Utility. Or use Spotlight or Launchpad to search it up) to put the installer into the pen drive again from the iso by following the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22250?locale=en_US

Then, boot your PC from the pen drive again, and see if you can install Windows now

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#24 Satavahana

Satavahana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:12 PM

But to which type of format should I do?

#25 Satavahana

Satavahana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:14 PM

The restore won't work and it says " Restore process has failed. Press Done to continue

#26 Satavahana

Satavahana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:19 PM

I'm gonna re-download the ISO and try again after it is done downloading!

#27 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:27 PM

What are you trying to do? Clean install or restore? Follow the instructions here to do a clean install using your pen drive: http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Github | Keybase

#28 Satavahana

Satavahana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:29 PM

But how do I do that in a MAC?!

#29 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:34 PM

I keep telling you that! If you don't follow my instructions then we are not going to make any progress:
Follow the instructions here to create a bootable pen driver installer:

Download the Windows 10 iso from here
An iso file has everything you need to create a bootable flash drive or DVD installer

Next, use Disk Utility (Open Finder, go to Applications folder, then find and open the Utilities folder. There, you will find Disk Utility. Or use Spotlight or Launchpad to search it up) to put the installer into the pen drive again from the iso by following the instructions here: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH22250?locale=en_US

Then, boot your PC from the pen drive again, and see if you can install Windows now

-CKing

Then use that pen drive to clean install you PC by following the instructions here: http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

-CKing

Github | Keybase

#30 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:16 PM

Satavahana  is there a reason why you will not follow any directions i have and so has CKing123 given you many options and website links for articles explaining how to create Bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive why have you not tried any one of them?

Edited by FreeBooter, 18 July 2016 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users