Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

List of Tutorials

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dragolien

Dragolien

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

I've been looking around the website for various guides and tutorials.

When it comes to malware prevention, the "Answers to common security questions - Best Practices" thread is nicely ordered and concise for someone who wants to go back to the basics but wants the advanced stuff too.

But I can't seem to find a list of guides/tutorials on other subjects such as networking. While there are plenty of threads, I would have to search for specific topics, and I don't even know what I should be looking for as a rough guide.

Does such a list exist and I haven't found it or is there not one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:29 AM

All the tutorials are organized under different categories.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/

You want more specific categories like "Networking", then "Configuring IPv4", "Configuring IPv6", and so on?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Dragolien

Dragolien
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:37 AM

I meant that if I wanted to generally learn about the details of a subject, is there a list of "basic" tutorials, then "advanced" ones etc.

Something like a recommended order. I'm not looking for anything specific.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,630 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:21 PM

I don't think there's a such list here. However, most of these tutorials are on the same level, nothing too advanced if you ask me. The most "advanced" tutorial might be the one for HJT. However, the tool is outdated and shouldn't be used anymore so.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:45 PM

You can also find tutorials at  Mini guides and how-tos - Simple answers to common questions forum.

Posted Image

#6 selohu

selohu

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:28 AM

Interesante , toda información es muy bien recibida.

Gracias

#7 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:07 AM

I feel the guides are bit old. No Offense.

Because when I went through them they are primarily targeted around XP and the age.

90% of Windows users are now at Windows 7 or higher numbered operating systems.

I am not saying to remove the XP based tutorials ( I some times use XP just to find peace of mind :P)

Insert the middle age to latest ( again I am not telling to keep only windows 10 content) content.

@queitman, @ lawrenceAbrahams.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,630 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

Most of the tutorials are written by Grinler. Though with the current events in the InfoSec world (like the rise of Ransomware), most of his attention is on that.

However, users are welcome to use the "What tutorial do you want to see?" thread and suggest tutorials. Other members might jump in and write them up.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/117/what-tutorials-do-you-want-to-see/

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users