Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Do I Look for in FRST log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scottintexas

Scottintexas

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:18 AM

I'm having a problem with my computer running off and doing it's own thing for a couple of miunutes every few minutes. It's like the processor is getting hijacked. I have run Malware bytes and cc cleaner. (Just got back from a wait so I can continue typing) I downloaded and ran FRST scan. Now I have two logs, Main and Additional.

What do I look for? I am reading the FRST tutorial, but I have not understood if the log will have a marker that identifies a problem, or if I am supposed to recognize a problem and then go about fixing it.

Thanks,

Still searching for the "Read My Mind and Do It" button.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:50 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 09:25 AM

Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html

The FRST tool is not a self-help tool.

If you wish  to initiate a topic and post a FRST log (after reading the above instructions), please do so.  That topic is to be posted in the same forum containing the Preparation Guide.

Please...do not post any malware logs...or solicit information about the malware arena...in this forum, which is devoted to Windows 10 support issues.

To prevent further confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users