Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet connection slows down on other devices when i turn on my laptop?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mergho

Mergho

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:27 AM

What may be the reasons?
*using win 10 x64

Edited by Mergho, 16 July 2016 - 08:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Brent098

Brent098

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:19 AM

I would also like to know the reason why. I left my laptop for a week for a vacation trip. And today i am also encountering the same problem as him. I run tdsskiller, malwarebytes, rogue killer and such. And my laptop is clean. Any suggestions for us?

#3 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:46 AM

Are all devices using WiFi for Internet?  If so, if you temporarily use a wired connection for the laptop, do the other devices speed back up?

Brand and model of laptop?  Types of other devices?

Are you doing anything on the laptop or is it just sitting there on, but not actively being used?

#4 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

I would also like to know the reason why. I left my laptop for a week for a vacation trip. And today i am also encountering the same problem as him. I run tdsskiller, malwarebytes, rogue killer and such. And my laptop is clean. Any suggestions for us?

You really should create a new thread for your issue. While it may seem like you have the same problem, there is a chance that it is not the same problem.

#5 shelf life

shelf life

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,646 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

Any of the devices running file-sharing apps? At full throttle they can be a drag on bandwidth. Some are also by default set to run at boot unless its changed in the settings. Malware can also change them to run at boot.

How Can I Reduce My Risk to Malware?

#6 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:14 PM

I doubt it's malware-related. Sounds like more of a bandwidth issue. The more devices you connect to your network, especially if they are all accessing the Internet, the slower the overall speeds for those devices are going to get.

How many other devices are we talking about? What sort of devices? Are any of those devices doing any live-streaming like YouTube or Netflix?

#7 Mergho

Mergho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:19 PM

Are all devices using WiFi for Internet?  If so, if you temporarily use a wired connection for the laptop, do the other devices speed back up?

Brand and model of laptop?  Types of other devices?

Are you doing anything on the laptop or is it just sitting there on, but not actively being used?

problem persists with wired connection
Dell inspiron n5110, other devices are Samsung LED, 2 samsung mobile phones, and iphone but they aren't accessing internet at the same time
problem occurs when it is turned on but not actively being used, and resolved when turned off or sleep

Edited by Mergho, 19 July 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#8 Mergho

Mergho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:20 PM

Any of the devices running file-sharing apps? At full throttle they can be a drag on bandwidth. Some are also by default set to run at boot unless its changed in the settings. Malware can also change them to run at boot.

i've just installed win 10 a weeks ago, how can i check that?

#9 Mergho

Mergho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:23 PM

I doubt it's malware-related. Sounds like more of a bandwidth issue. The more devices you connect to your network, especially if they are all accessing the Internet, the slower the overall speeds for those devices are going to get.

How many other devices are we talking about? What sort of devices? Are any of those devices doing any live-streaming like YouTube or Netflix?

Dell laptop, Samsung LED ( and Yes! i stream from this), 2 samsung phones, and iphone. but they aren't accessing internet at the same time 

#10 Trikein

Trikein

• Members
  • 1,321 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:59 PM

Did you upgrade to Windows 10? I don't see any Windows 10 drivers mentioned for the Intel N1030 in the Del N5110. Intel forums say not compatible. It's likly wireless compatibility issue between laptop and router is causing slow down. I would suggest going wired or getting a external wireless adapter. Or are you already using one?

Edited by Trikein, 19 July 2016 - 08:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users