Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 problematic123

problematic123

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 PM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:31 AM

um, guys i have a windows update problem, searching for updates take a very long time.So i started downloading windows update diagnostic,and i got the error 

0x80070005

how to fix it? i went to several websites, but wont work

like:https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/968003,

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-update/window-update-error-windowsupdate80070005/a9a2c92d-793b-4050-bdb1-720bb97bd78d

attached is the windows update diagnostic test results

Please help me, URGENT

-problematic

Attached Files

Edited by problematic123, 16 July 2016 - 02:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

Hi,

um, guys i have a windows update problem, searching for updates take a very long time.So i started downloading windows update diagnostic,and i got the error 

0x80070005

That error points to permissions problem...

Download Windows Repair (All-in-One) Portable (use the Direct Download button)

• extract the tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio.zip to c:\Windows\TEMP the zip will extract to a folder called Tweaking.com - Windows Repair
  • execute the file Repair_Windows.exe from the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair folder
  • click on the tab Step 5: Backup and on the buttons:
    • Backup to create a Registry Backup
    • Create to create a System Restore Point
  • click on the tab Start Repairs, next click the Open Repairs button to access the following screen:
    WindowsRepair.png
  • click the box All Repairs to uncheck all the box's
  • check only the following box's:
    • 01 - Reset Registry Permissions
    • 02 - Reset File Permissions
    • 02.1 - File Permissions C:\
    • 03 - Reset Service Permissions
    • 26 - Restore Important Windows Services
    • 27 - Set Windows Services to Default Startup
  • check the box Restart/Shutdown System When Finished > Restart System
  • click the Start Repairs button

After this is better to change the Windows Update configuration to Never Check for Updates, Restart the computer.

Visit http://wu.krelay.de/en/ and install all the updates listed on the first block and then the Windows Update Client from March 2016

Notes:

- You will get an error if any of those updates is already installed, simply ignore that and move to the next one

- after installing each update is normal to get a prompt to restart, decline that until you install the last one, the Windows Update Client update.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 problematic123

problematic123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:45 AM

Hi SleepyDude,

Thanks for your help! :bananas: just one question: so now i am not allowed to check for updates from win update? and only allowed to download from window update websites?

Problematic

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,084 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 19 July 2016 - 05:25 AM

Hi SleepyDude,

Thanks for your help! :bananas: just one question: so now i am not allowed to check for updates from win update? and only allowed to download from window update websites?

Yes you can do it but initiate the search yourself instead of letting the system do it automatically.

Microsoft releases the updates on the called Patch Tuesday my suggestion is to run a manual update 3/4 days after the release date.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#5 problematic123

problematic123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:10 AM

Oh thanks for your help :)