um, guys i have a windows update problem, searching for updates take a very long time.So i started downloading windows update diagnostic,and i got the error
That error points to permissions problem...
Download Windows Repair (All-in-One) Portable (use the Direct Download button)
- extract the tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio.zip to c:\Windows\TEMP the zip will extract to a folder called Tweaking.com - Windows Repair
- execute the file Repair_Windows.exe from the Tweaking.com - Windows Repair folder
- click on the tab Step 5: Backup and on the buttons:
- Backup to create a Registry Backup
- Create to create a System Restore Point
- click on the tab Start Repairs, next click the Open Repairs button to access the following screen:
- click the box All Repairs to uncheck all the box's
- check only the following box's:
- 01 - Reset Registry Permissions
- 02 - Reset File Permissions
- 02.1 - File Permissions C:\
- 03 - Reset Service Permissions
- 26 - Restore Important Windows Services
- 27 - Set Windows Services to Default Startup
- check the box Restart/Shutdown System When Finished > Restart System
- click the Start Repairs button
After this is better to change the Windows Update configuration to Never Check for Updates, Restart the computer.
Visit http://wu.krelay.de/en/ and install all the updates listed on the first block and then the Windows Update Client from March 2016
- You will get an error if any of those updates is already installed, simply ignore that and move to the next one
- after installing each update is normal to get a prompt to restart, decline that until you install the last one, the Windows Update Client update.
• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!
Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE