I am building a PC for the first time and it has been a little overwhelming. A friend suggested that I post my parts choices on a forum to get some thoughts. I want to us this PC to hone programing skills, process large amounts of data and be capable of multiprocessing.
So here's the parts:
- Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3GHz 6-Core Processor
- Corsair H80i GT 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
- MSI X99A GAMING 7 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard or Asus X99-A/USB 3.1 ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
- Sandisk X400 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
- Western Digital Red 1TB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
- Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case
- SeaSonic X Series 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
I already have a video card and monitor.