Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Start menu and other apps/programs non-responsive/disappeared

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Belix

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:04:04 AM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

My gfs dell updated to 10 unknowingly and has been a major nightmare since. Dell dock doesn't run and also fails to send error reports. Start menu won't start, windows store app disappeared after failing to open, experiencing same problem with explorer edge(I think it was called). I can't find my trash/recycle bin either lol. I'm a computer novice and would love some help resolving these issues.
Also sorry if this is in the wrong spot or has been asked before, I've only been on the site for about an hour.

Edited by Belix, 15 July 2016 - 06:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ZeroForge

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:44 PM

Hi, Belix!

Have you tried rolling back to the previous version of Windows?  This is only available 31 days after the upgrade.  You can try the guide at the Windows TenForums: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4097-windows-10-go-back-previous-windows.html#option1

If your are not sure how to start the computer in Advanced Startup Options, their are links on the previous guide for more info.

Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users