Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hp compaq 7900 small Factor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Christech

Christech

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 02:47 PM

hello all i have hp compaq 7900 small Factor, running window xp last week wen i put it on after displaying hp compaq 7900, f10 for boot menu f12 for network it freez and noting else work please i need help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,007 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Can you get into 'Safe mode' or have you tried this?  If you haven't then, as soon as the Compaq screen - known as the BIOS screen - shows tap the 'F8' key a few times and the computer should boot into 'Safe mode'. This appears as a black screen with white text, and you need to use the up and down arrow keys to navigate. Down towards the bottom you should see an entry 'Start Windows in last good configuration'. Using the arrow keys move down to select this option and press 'Enter'. This should get your computer starting again.

If it doesn't, then shut down and repeat the process but this time choose the 'Repair Wndows' option and follow the prompts.

If neither of these work, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:02 AM

What XP service packs do you have installed?

Do you have the installation disc for XP?

If you have SP1 and SP2 or SP1 2 and 3, there is a way to create bootable disc which will allow you to access the Recovery Console where there are tools which can help resolve this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Christech

Christech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:22 AM

ok sir i will try that and get back

#5 Christech

Christech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:09 PM

i have try the f8 and it didn't go to save mode, after reading the ram it end there noting work again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users