Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non Existing Removable Drive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 1up2down

1up2down

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 05:18 AM

When I turned on my computer a message popped up telling me that Windows was installing a device driver. When I went to My Computer I noticed that it now showed a new Removable Disk which I don't have.

Using Acronis True Image I restored to an earlier image but as soon as I rebooted Windows installed the Removable Disk again.

If I double click on it in My Computer I am asked to insert a disk into it. Clicking Properties shows the disk to be full. If I right click on it I can opt to eject it and it will tell me its safe to remove it. Trouble is there is no disk to remove.

Going to Disk Management it lists the removable disk but where the other drives show a white partition with a blue bar over it, next to the Removable Disk is nothing but an empty space.
What I would like to know is if anyone else has experienced this problem and have a solution to it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users