Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow to start,freezes,kind of BSOD,slow shut down,help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 langoley

langoley

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:14 PM

I have an Acer with Vista home 32 bit itis slow to start up,it freezes constantly,it is slow to shut down and yesterday I had a weired BSOD that gave a 20 second shutdown clock.I shut it down manually,restarted it and it is running "normally" but I am concerned.I ran the BSOD tool but the results looked weird.The performance mon will not stop running.I will work on it and see what I can do,thanks in advance,Lee.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 07:02 PM

The zip file is just the text file from the App - not the reports that we need.

Please follow the directions here precisely: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 langoley

langoley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:24 PM

Let me add some more to this.Could I have had what "looked" like a BSOD?  I was opening the Ccleaner file when the BSOD appeared,it had a countdown clock form 30,I don't know if I did the right thing but kind of in a panic I just did an emergncy shutdown with the power button.In about 2 min. I restarted and got the safe mode option screed and chose the standard windows start-up option and since then it has been it's same old slow to start,freezng self.One BSOD since 2009 and it is running "normally",and if I read the Sysnative BSOD Dump thing right it doesn't see one in the system.I also attached the drive query file,the minidump is empty,anything else you need just let me know,thx in adv,Lee 

Attached Files

Edited by langoley, 16 July 2016 - 01:46 PM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:16 AM

If you shut off the computer before the BSOD could be written to disk - then there won't be a BSOD for us to look at.
That being said, just one BSOD may not be a problem - it's only if they start repeating that they become a problem (sometimes Windows will fix them on it's own).

So, if the BSOD's start repeating, let the countdown finish before rebooting.  If this happens, you can just run the Sysnative app again and it'll automatically capture any minidumps that were created.

There are no memory dumps in the uploaded reports.

You only have 70 MB of available Physical Memory (RAM).
Please get more memory if the system is able to handle it.
While waiting to upgrade the memory, please:
- only use one program at a time
- go through your startup items and stop those that aren't essential from loading with Windows

FYI - this is the most likely reason for the problems that you're experiencing.

Only 418 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  I don't know if this is a good amount or not - as I haven't worked on Vista in a long, long time.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).
The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.

These devices have problems in Device Manager:

Not Available    ROOT\LEGACY_PCD5SRVC{31427C5C-C516FA84-05040000}\0000    The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available    ROOT\LEGACY_SASDIFSV\0000    The drivers for this device are not installed.
Not Available    ROOT\LEGACY_SASKUTIL\0000    The drivers for this device are not installed.

Locate these devices in Device Manager (they are most likely associated with PC Doctor and SuperAntiSpyware)

Then right click on them and select "Uninstall".  Reboot to see if the changes took effect (and the devices remain uninstalled).

Beyond that, we'll wait to see if there are any further BSOD's....

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users