Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Talking Virus Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nichole2577

Nichole2577

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

Hello. My neighbor has an Asus X54C running Windows 7. Yesterday she had a pop-up that told her to call. She did and allowed them to take over the computer.

Now, when we boot, the screen opens and says out loud that if you get rid of the screen or shut down, they will lock you out of the computer.

I tried booting in Safe Mode and it says "failure configurin Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer.

Please help! Thank you

Edited by hamluis, 14 July 2016 - 06:31 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:54 PM

Please post a new thread in the Virus & Spyware area, make sure and include a link from this thread in your new topic.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Make sure and post your FRST logs here.

When you have made the new thread, please post a link to it in this topic. :)

I know you say you are unable to run anything, perhaps these tools will get you going until your thread is replied to...

Hitman Pro Usb.

Eset Rescue.

Kaspersky Boot disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users