Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

jrt.exe junkwaretool

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Janvned

Janvned

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

Mod Edit: Moved to Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy SoftwareTools ~~ boopme

when i run jrt.exe  I see the next Line

Failed to delete: C:\Users\jan\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZISGKBO8 (Temporary Internet Files Folder)

I can not find on the internet what this map is for.

I can go to the directory, but I can not delete.

who knows what it is.

Edited by boopme, 14 July 2016 - 01:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:36 PM

Hi Janvned :)

This directory is used to cache content from the web when you browse it using Internet Explorer or another web browser. It isn't malicious and JRT mostly deletes it to make space and delete potentially malicious files that could have been dropped there (dynamically downloaded content that could be harmful). You can clean out that folder completely using TFC if needed.

3DPGbxe.pngTemp File Cleaner (TFC)
  • Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC) and move it to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on TFC.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Simply click on Start to launch the clean-up and wait until it completes;
    s5yB2E8.png
  • Depending on which processes are running, all your programs will be closed and explorer.exe (your Windows shell) will be killed, it will however be relaunched shortly after so do not panic;
  • There's no log to give for this tool;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Janvned

Janvned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:47 PM

thank you I have never seen before that any map was not deleted

I just have removed the map. I hope that my computer now start some programms faster

I have opened last week an email that was full of spam, I think  that this mail have left something in this map.

if it has solved the problem I close the topic after some days

thank you for helping

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:49 PM

Only threads in the MRL section gets closed once they get solved.

And no problem, you're welcome!

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,751 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:34 AM

...I hope that my computer now start some programms faster...

One of the most common culprits is too many startup applications. Almost all applications you install want to startup when Windows loads. Many of these programs are not needed and disabling them can save resources and improve performance as they are available from the Start Menu > All Programs or an icon on the Desktop if needed. For information on how to identify and disable unnecessary startups, please refer to the section "Check for any unnecessary applications loading when Windows Boots" in this guide:Too many toolbars, BHOs, extensions and add-ons/plug-ins attached your browser can contribute to poor performance, slow loading and other issues. Sometimes they cause browsers to quit unexpectedly or not perform properly especially, if it was poorly designed or was created for an earlier browser version. Incompatible browser extensions and add-ons can also impact system performance and cause compatibility issues such as application hangs (freezing). Further, it is not uncommon for third-party applications to install bundled add-ons into browsers as part of their own installation process. This can can slow down browser start-up and page loading time, clutter the interface with toolbars, and they may fall behind on version compatibility and security updates. Some toolbars and add-ons are even considered PUPs or adware. You can improve performance by disabling or removing those which are unnecessary or you do not recognize. Please refer to the section "For general browser issues" in the same Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first... topic.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 Janvned

Janvned
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:53 AM

at quietman7,

yes switch off many startup applications with ccleaner.exe.

but I will look for more info on the sites you recommand.

I thank you for helping me.

grt

Jan

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,751 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:55 AM

You're welcome and good luck.