Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Buying advice for a low-mid gaming PC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 flamingo_go

flamingo_go

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:17 AM

Hi, I've been looking for a while at buying a decent gaming PC as an upgrade to my laptop. I hope to slowly upgrade the PC in the coming years to learn about upgrading and building PCs. I aim to play games such as CSGO, cities skylines, modded skyrim and fallout new vegas, all around low/mid graphics settings, with good performance. (I doubt I'll be playing brand new AAA titles.)
With light research, I found these which seem good, but can't make a right choice. Here: Best Gaming PCs
Any advice, info or other suggestions are welcome! I'm far from an expert with this...
Also I expect that 8GB of RAM is enough, which is why I am looking at this model rather than the more expensive one with 16GB.
If i could stay around the $1000 price range, that would be good, as I also need to buy a monitor.
Thanks for reading! Any advice is welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:26 AM

If you are wanting to buy a pc that you can easily upgrade later on, I would buy one from a custom build site like:

http://www.ibuypower.com/

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Just to name a few, you can customize every aspect and even get a monitor with that build.  Or buy a monitor from amazon or newegg or a local retailer.  Not really sure how much success you will have updating the alienware or asus gaming rigs, plus those are typically more expensive for what equipment you get in them.

That is just my two cents!

Hope this helps

utl8q0-5.png

#3 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

I honestly wouldn't go with ibuypoewr or cyberpowerpc . I have heard not so good things about them. I would look into building the PC yourself. You could use those mentioned sites to pick what you like, then get similar or the same parts yourself. Probably would be slightly cheaper as well. Putting together is not all that hard either and there are tons of tutorials on how to do so. PCpartpicker is also a good site and will help you pick the parts (they have guides and such).

If you budget is 1000, you can get a pretty good system building it yourself.

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#4 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:17 AM

I am with Deimos, you get a pretty good rig built yourself.  I was just giving the OP some suggestions as to a couple of sites that can use to get a custom built rig, I have never bought from either one of those sites I just know they exist!

utl8q0-5.png

#5 DeimosChaos

DeimosChaos

• BC Advisor
  • 1,420 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:34 AM

I was just giving the OP some suggestions as to a couple of sites that can use to get a custom built rig, I have never bought from either one of those sites I just know they exist!

No worries there Jokerz! I figure, if you want a custom gaming PC you might as well build it yourself. Leaves out the middle man (the people  that would build it for you). I have looked into those two companies myself before, and the reviews on them aren't all that great. I have read some horror stories and just one of those is enough to keep me away!

OS - Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 & Windows 10
Custom Desktop PC / Lenovo Y580 / Sager NP8258 / Dell XPS 13 (9350)

#6 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:25 AM

Well that is good to know!! I am with you though as far as building your own, that is the way to go, cheaper and you can put what ever you want in it!

utl8q0-5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users