Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Frogger20

Frogger20

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:00 AM

Recently I had to refloor my room, and had to unplug my PC to get it done. Since then my computer hasn't been able to boot - the screen that shows up is first the launcher screen that asks me to choose how I want to start windows, in repair mode or normally, but instead of letting me pick the screen freezes on repair and counts down until it starts up.

The repair then stops scanning files and it changes to a blue screen that tells me there is hardware or software missing and asks me to turn the PC off and press F8 when I turn it back on, but that menu doesn't open. I've checked the Internet a couple of times for answers and all I got was that I need to launch the Windows 7 installation disk (which I don't have) and that the hard drive may be dead.

Is there any way at all to fix this manually, or am I facing an unrepairable problem? Can someone help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ethan_PCG

Ethan_PCG

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:37 AM

Perhaps you might've unplugged something by accident? Or the hardware driver is a bit buggy. Also, you might need to a startup repair operation, and you should use Windows instillation disk or recovery disk, but I don't think you have that. 

Have you tried booting it into Safemode? Safemode with Netoworking? Or Safemode with Command Prompt. 

If none of that works then your computer might have a virus? I don't know though... That's all I can think off at the moment. 

"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone."
- Bjarne Stroustrup

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,519 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

Do you have the specs on this computer?  While you are fully grounded, you might have to do a "bench test build," everything external comes off temporarily, everything comes off motherboard temporarily; carefully put everything back together.  Make a note of the hard-drive manufacturer and model name/number.  On another computer, download HD manufacturer's diagnostics onto a usb boot or a DVD boot.  Does this computer have a Microsoft retail Windows or was an OEM Windows pre-installed at the factory?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#4 Frogger20

Frogger20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:03 AM

Perhaps you might've unplugged something by accident? Or the hardware driver is a bit buggy. Also, you might need to a startup repair operation, and you should use Windows instillation disk or recovery disk, but I don't think you have that. 

Have you tried booting it into Safemode? Safemode with Netoworking? Or Safemode with Command Prompt. 

If none of that works then your computer might have a virus? I don't know though... That's all I can think off at the moment. 

#5 Frogger20

Frogger20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

It doesn't let me boot Safemode for some reason.
How do I double check whether I've unplugged something or not, and how should I try reassembling things on the inside?

Sorry for the quote, by the way. It's my first time using the site.

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,519 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

You might desire to enlist the free help of a local computer guru friend -- s/he can be right there with you to do the partial "bench test build," and helping you create the necessary usb boot and/or dvd boot.

Edited by RolandJS, 14 July 2016 - 09:09 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#7 Frogger20

Frogger20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:35 AM

I've tried to boot it again - just to be sure - and a different blue screen popped up saying that I should check whether my disk is full or not.
After restarting again, it went back to telling me to check if all the soft/hardware is properly installed.

Disk C was nearly full from what I remember though, is it possible this has something to do with it?

#8 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,519 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Internal HD could very well be too full.  I would go with my earlier advice, have a guru friend with you guiding you through.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users