After not turning on my PC for about a month, I went to turn it on and the following events took place:
1. Normal boot to Desktop, no problems
2. Desktop image is stable on both monitors (dual monitor setup)
3. I let it sit there for a couple of minutes waiting for everything to load
4. I click to open "ANY" program and screens go to a flashing state of black and momentary program, back and forth, back and forth, single screen or both doesn't matter, Checked all connections off of video card output to monitors and there fine.
5. Finally I get the "BLUE" screen of death
6. PC automatically shuts down and goes to boot up a Option Screen for SAFE MODE
7. PC works fine in SAFE MODE w/Network option, but won't do a "RESTORE" either from SAFE MODE
I never got a Win 7 Disk with the PC, but I did create a IMAGE disk on my WD Portable HD a few months ago. How do I get that file (on the WD HD) to run as I can't see any EXE files to get it started and I can't get the PC the start it either. I'm starting to attempt to copy all my files off the PC in case I'll need to something drastic.
Any help is greatly appreciated is getting me back up and running, and by the way, I'm not vary computer savy, so please refer to things to do as a dummy like me can understand them. Great site and thank you all for sharing your knowledge with dummy's like me................
Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 17 July 2016 - 05:22 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'Window's crashes, BSODs, etc'