Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP8300 WIN 7 Boot Issues/SCREEN FLASHING THEN BLUE SCREEN

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 90profx

90profx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:32 AM

After not turning on my PC for about a month, I went to turn it on and the following events took place:

1. Normal boot to Desktop, no problems

2. Desktop image is stable on both monitors (dual monitor setup)

3. I let it sit there for a couple of minutes waiting for everything to load

4. I click to open "ANY" program and screens go to a flashing state of black and momentary program, back and forth, back and forth, single screen or both doesn't matter, Checked all connections off of video card output to monitors and there fine.

5. Finally I get the "BLUE" screen of death

6. PC automatically shuts down and goes to boot up a Option Screen for SAFE MODE

7. PC works fine in SAFE MODE w/Network option, but won't do a "RESTORE" either from SAFE MODE

I never got a Win 7 Disk with the PC, but I did create a IMAGE disk on my WD Portable HD a few months ago. How do I get that file (on the WD HD) to run as I can't see any EXE files to get it started and I can't get the PC the start it either. I'm starting to attempt to copy all my files off the PC in case I'll need to something drastic.

Any help is greatly appreciated is getting me back up and running, and by the way, I'm not vary computer savy, so please refer to things to do as a dummy like me can understand them. Great site and thank you all for sharing your knowledge with dummy's like me................ :)

Regards,

Gary

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 17 July 2016 - 05:22 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to 'Window's crashes, BSODs, etc'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users