Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Forum to advise re Spam?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 andromeda9

andromeda9

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:31 AM

Hi guys,
I want to get some help re Spam.  Which Forum (if any) do I post my query in please?

A9

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 July 2016 - 07:46 AM.
moved from General Chat to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PhotoAce

PhotoAce

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 02:51 AM

Where is the spam?

#3 andromeda9

andromeda9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:53 AM

Where is the spam?

Hi Photoace,

Thanks for your interest.
The issue is that around the 14th of each month, spam has been arriving at a group of club members, where some of the members names are then slightly changed to lead to a spam site - is that spoofed?

It is possible that one of the committee in charge is unknowingly the cause (possibly via a distribution list) and I would like to (very tactfully) identify the errant computer or hacked email account.

Below is one I received.   I have substituted member names with numbers.

HEADER
From member 4 <but using the genuine email address of (committee) member 1)
CC to member 1, member2, member3

Hey,

Just take a look at these crazy stuff! It's something beyond my imagination, take a look here (warning: the following is a spam addresshttp://rosunkifro(dot)dryclean4less(dot)com/aeafxpr 

Best wishes, member 4

Is that helpful?  I have an idea but obviously want to put the query in the right forum  place.

Edited by andromeda9, 14 July 2016 - 01:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users