Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I urgently need some help, I think my computer has a huge virus?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Makavelix

Makavelix

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:09 AM

Ever since yesterday my computer has been just crashing randomly when I try to play any game that I've already played before without any lag or whatsoever. But my computer slowly started to lag a lot over the week and than now it just shuts down completely crashes. Could anyone help me with this problem? I would like my computer to be kind of like how it was before all this started happening, no lag, smooth gameplay,  and no crashes. Could someone please help me figure out what could be going on? Please and thank you!!

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 July 2016 - 06:46 AM.
moved from BSOD to Am I Infected

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:30 AM

If all of this was not caused by a virus, if all of this was caused by software clashes, one good place to start would be to uninstall programs no longer needed or wanted; Safe Mode defrag [unless this is an SSD]; in normal mode, run MinitoolBox and Piriform's Speccy, save all logs [do not post them unless asked to do so], such will come in handy -- if a virus or malware is not involved.

Can we assume there are no full image backups of your OS or data partitions?  When this is all solved, we can offer suggestions on a future weekly or bi-monthly backup routine.

Edited by RolandJS, 14 July 2016 - 06:32 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#3 Makavelix

Makavelix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:35 AM

Im kinda new to this kind of stuff so im ver confused, ok I can delete some programs I don't use, would you like foe me to download Minitoolbox?

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:59 AM

Tell you what, let the BC anti-virus team make sure your computer is virus-free and malware-free since you posted in this forum.  [Once your computer has been declared virus and malware free, then consider downloading and using MiniToolbox and Piriform's Speccy.]

Edited by RolandJS, 14 July 2016 - 08:00 AM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#5 Makavelix

Makavelix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:20 AM

How do we go about doing that? Would you like to me to run my anti virus and post what it says here? :o

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:50 AM

Good idea!  And, run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.  If possible, post a summary of what was or was not found.  Let the BC AV-AM team request the full log[s] if they want them.

#7 Makavelix

Makavelix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

Okay just running my avg anti virus and I'll post results as soon as its done, although I did do it earlier and it said no viruses were found but i will try again and post it. Thanks :)

#8 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:05 AM

If both your anti-virus and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware pass with flying colors your computer, then hopefully one of the BC AV-AM team-member will post the excellent prefabricated post which will guide you through a series of using other viri/malware programs, many of them online, I, not being a BC AV-AM team-member,  do not have that informative post.

#9 Makavelix

Makavelix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

I only have an avg anti virus, I don't think I have the malwarebytes anti-mwalware ?

#10 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:20 AM

I only have an avg anti virus, I don't think I have the malwarebytes anti-mwalware ?

Recommend downloading, installing, running free version MBAM  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users