Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Enlighten me with this issue?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MightyMouseFam

MightyMouseFam

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:45 PM

I've recently bought this computer maybe 2-3 weeks ago on Amazon, it's been working perfectly fine besides having a login issue but that's not the problem here. 

My rig consists of 

Geforce GTX 970

Intel ® Core ™ i17-6700k CPU @4.00GHz

16GB of RAm  

ViewSonic Monitor (Upgrading soon to a 4k monitor)

etc etc but the issue I'm having here is that whenever I'm gaming (Mainly league of legends) my screen just goes crazy with flashing red/black lights sometimes multi-color. I thought it was my graphics card but I updated that, I've reset my PC today and it went away for a few hours but then came back, not sure what I can possibly do here I would hate to call up support just to simply be placed on hold for an hour or so. 

Curious if anyone has ever dealt with an issue like this, would be amazing to have feedback on this so I can get back to gaming and schooling.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

Connect your computer to different monitor or TV set and see issue resolves if not then its graphic card causing the issue.

If the issue was not happening with previous version of the graphic card driver install the previous version of the driver.

Check to see if graphic card is overheating with GPU-Z program.

Posted Image

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:04 PM

Welcome to Bleeping ComputerMightyMouseFam.

I'm with FreeBooter the issue is most likely your graphics card. If changing the drivers doesn't fix the issue the card itself is probably faulty.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:21 PM

Just to jump in with my 2¢, I believe it's video also.

Testing the montior is the first step.

Also, monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Normally desktop temps shouldn't exceed (these are maximum temps when the system is under stress):
CPU - 60ºC
GPU - 80ºC
HDD and other components - 40ºC
Keep an eye on the temps to see if they start rising before the screen gets all messed up.

Check to be sure that the cooler is firmly affixed to the GPU, that it's free of dirt/dust/etc, and that the fan is working (without anything being caught in it.

Make sure that the system isn't pumping hot air into the cooler also.

Beyond that, here's some suggestions for troubleshooting Video Scheduler issues:    http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-kernel-dump-analysis-debugging-information/35-video-tdr-timeout-0x116-0x117.html#post29532

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

Usasma how come i get this message  "The member usasma cannot receive any new messages" is your mail box full?

Posted Image

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 06:31 PM

My mailbox was full - sorry!

I cleaned it out, I should be able to receive them now.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users