Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bypassing BIO password during restart

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 HFData

HFData

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:00 PM

I have a laptop set up with the same password for "System Password"  and "HDD2 Password" under the bios settings. I know what the password is but lets say I am running some updates on the computer remotely and need to restart the computer. How would I go about bypassing the BIOS password menu since I wouldn't be able to access BIO. 

Any help would be very much appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:35 PM

Why do you think that a reboot  will be any different in what transpires...than a normal boot?  I don't see where one differs from the other...I don't see any need to bypass anything in the normal process.

In any case...the manual furnished by the laptop manufacturer...can probably provide more info that you want on any passwords employed.

Louis

#3 HFData

HFData
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:28 PM

I called Dell Support and the Tech Support person was clueless and had no idea. He said this cannot be done but I'm sure there's a work around. If any one has an ideas that would be awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users