Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

toshiba laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Masonw123

Masonw123

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:44 PM

my Toshiba laptop

i plug it in to charger it say it plugged in but will not charge 
 but if i take the battery out and then put it back in and plug in to charger it will now charge 
 ny idea hoe to solve this 
 thank you

ps i am use windows 10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:35 AM

With it off, turn it over and write down the whole model number (i.e. L855-S5405)
Go here and type that in: http://support.toshiba.com/drivers
Look for BIOS upgrades and/or Toshiba's power management software components. Download and SAVE them, then install them.
Was it a clean install or a Windows 10 upgrade?
Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:38 AM

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a lint-free cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

1. Disconnect AC
2. Shutdown
3. Remove battery
4. Connect AC power adapter
5.Power on the laptop
6. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

7. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).
8. Shutdown the laptop
9. Disconnect AC power adapter
10. Insert battery
11. Connect AC power adapter
12. Power on the laptop

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users