Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone into Chinese made tablets?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 j1983

j1983

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 10:09 AM

I'm in need of a tablet for basic use. Well I don't really need one but I would like to use a cheap tab for travel purposes where it won't hurt my wallet so much if it gets damaged or lost. I have too much important data and info saved on my smartphone which I'm not taking so it makes sense to get a tab of some sort. 

I initially had my eye on a cheap Samsung or Lenovo 7'' tab for under 200usd but I found that there are plenty of chinese made tablets that offer better specs for the same, if not lower price available (I'm in HK btw) locally. 

Two that I have my eye on are the Onda 820w and teclast X80. Both have similar specs, 8'' screen, around 2gb of ram and 32gb rom for around 100usd. Both also support 128gb cards which is important because I plan on transferring my photo's to the tab via wifi as backup.  I won't be gaming (boggle, wordathon and that old fashioned brick game), but I might need to access sites like tripadvisor and airline sites that run java or flash or whatever it's called. 

Onda 820w CH- this is the updated version of the old 820w with cherry trail processor but I can't be sure if it has dual boot.

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_298397.html

Teclast - Dual boot.

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_298397.html

Anyone with experience know how they hold up to the more established brands models with similar specs?  I like the idea of dual boot but I'm not sure how useful that would be for my purpose, or if having such feature might slow down the device or increase it's risk of failure. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:56 AM

Dell venue 8 pro

Don't even think about it if your not sure

#3 bc0306

bc0306

• Members
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 AM

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:57 AM

Also avoid Chinese, better specs don't mean better performance, also they break easily

Don't even think about it if your not sure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users