Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade or not drivers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Clade

Clade

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:10 AM

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry but my English is not the official language. . .

I ask for the opinion of the participants of this forum about what follows, since this question should be part of a large number of users. . .

Especially now, with Windows 10, companies manufacturers of notebooks,. . . provide drivers compatible with this release, including, where there is availability of BIOS update, where the fear by breaking the equipment without being felt more strongly.

If the upgrade to Windows 10, where drivers are working normally, and even on other versions of Windows:

Upgrade or not available drivers or follow "the maximum": "If it is not broken do not touch"?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:27 PM

At its simplest, if your drivers and hardware are working properly there is no need to update drivers. Unlike, for example, operating systems there are no security risks with using old drivers. BUT . . . there is always a but !

Whenever you change from one operating system to another there is always the chance that your drivers will stop working with the new OS. Some Win 7 and 8/8.1 drivers will work perfectly well with Win 10 and some will not. For the ones that do not work you can go to the manufacturer's web-site and download and install their drivers for Win 10. It is always possible that, for older equipment, they may not have, and have no intention of making, drivers for Win 10. In which case you you have two choices. If you think there is a chance that they may provide drivers in the near future, you can wait for them to be produced. Otherwise you are going to have to replace the equipment.

As an example, when I upgraded from XP to Win 7 I had to scrap a very nice soundcard since the manufacturers never provided Win 7 compatible drivers.

Chris Cosgrove

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#3 Clade

Clade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 PM

Posted 17 July 2016 - 06:17 AM

Chris Cosgrove!

I appreciate and thank you for your answer, your time,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users