Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

980ti vs RX480 Sapphire Nitro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cctaylor88

cctaylor88

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:06 AM

I'm more than ready for an ascension of my GPU (currently running a GTX760). I have an LGUC88-B which has freesync, originally I was planning on getting a RX480 Sapphire Nitro, but after looking at the debacle that is trying to purchase a 1080/70... I don't want to wait 6 months etc to purchase a 480 at MSRP (as in I won't be overpaying just to have one). And then there is the fact that we don't have a confirmed date of availability. 

My question is would I be better suited to purchase/wait for a 480 Sapphire Nitro to hopefully utilize freesync or should I drop the money and get a 980ti without FS obviously. Now, I will admit I have never experienced freesync in action so its possible that I "don't know what I'm missing" but looking at benches the 980ti seems to be a much more powerful card when compared to the 480... but I won't get to utilize freesync. Thoughts? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,347 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:46 AM

RX 480 has much more advanced technology for DirectX 12/Vulkan/Mantle as you can see there

CEv2XIm.jpg

GTX 980 Ti is good only for DX11 software. Also because you have Freesync, you're better with AMD as Nvidia won't support Adaptive sync (AMD calls it Freesync) for long time. And if still not convinced, Nvidia won't give good support GTX 980 Ti because it's already one generation old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users