Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking For A Program

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 maggot

maggot

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:02 PM

Awhile back, someone from this web site gave me a link to download a certain program. Does anybody know where I can download program that is called something like CClean up.. It removes temp internet files and clears ur search history and just wipes away all the junk. Anyone know where I can download that program?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:15 PM

Hi maggot.

Sounds like you are after CCleaner. Check out the freebies here at BC http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic3616.html. Check post#15.

Cheers. Let us know how you get on.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 maggot

maggot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:31 PM

Hey, that was just what I was looking for. You guys are always so helpful here.. But I still have a problem. I was looking for apartments today on google, and I don't want my roomate to know. I thought Ccleaner would make it to where all of the things I typed into google would go away, but they havn't. You know how google saves ur searches. Is there anyway to get rid of that? lol thanks a lot.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:46 PM

1) Remove Google cookies and block Google cookies. I doubt that you need them unless you are using google mail or something.

2) Clear the address bar, which CCleaner apparently doesn't do.

There are other settings you can do: Set the "Save history" option to 0.

Make sure to close all browser windows after searching: that way the history will clear. Otherwise it won't.

What browser are you using? There are other settings that will help prevent or clear the history you don't want others to see (which is especially important on a public computer).

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:35 PM

Delete temp internet files as well.

If you are using Internet Explorer click on "Tools" and then press the "Clear History" button and the "Delete cookies" and the "delete files" buttons in the temp internet section.

If you are using the Google toolbar click on "Options" And under the "Features" tab, in the Search Box section press the "Search Box Settings" button and untic the checkmark to the left of "Suggest Searches From My Search History".

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:28 AM

The way that google saves your searches is called autocomplete.
The only way to remove these is by completing the following:
Go to internet explorer and click on the tools drop down menu and click on internet options.
Click on the content tab in that window that comes up
Above 2/3's the way down click on "AutoComplete"
Click "clear forms"
See if that helps.

#7 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:54 PM

And in FireFox, click on Tools then click on Options on the menu that comes up. Then click on the Privacy icon at the top near the left on the window that comes up. Then click on the Saved Forms tab near the left and a bit lower down. There will be a button labeled "Clear Saved Forms Data Now" lower down and to the right. Click on it, and your saved form information will be gone.

To avoid the need to do this step in future, click on the Settings button even lower down and to the right. Put a green check mark in the box by everything you want cleared when finished browsing by clicking on the little box by that option under the privacy menu on the window: saved form information is one of the options. I have it boxed in green in the picture below. Privacy freak that I am - having spent my first 10+ years on public computers - I have them all checked. You can see that in the picture below.

Posted Image

Then put a check in the little box by "Clear Private Data When Closing FireFox" under the settings menu lower down. I have it boxed in orange in the picture above. Click on Okay on the settings window, then Okay on the Options window.

Now when you close all FireFox windows, you'll get a message window that looks like this:
Posted Image

Click on the Clear Private Data Now button, and everything will be cleared away. You'll notice in the picture above, that the checks by passwords and download history are grayed out. This is because there is no data to delete from these categories.

Note: if FireFox unexpectedly closes or the power goes off when in FireFox, the above message will come up when you choose to open FireFox. Click on okay, then FireFox will open normally.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Edited by Orange Blossom, 14 August 2006 - 02:02 AM.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#8 123flashchat

123flashchat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:49 AM

you guys here are so professional supporter ;)
Good job.
and Im glad I found this forum and be a new memebr here.

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:15 AM

:thumbsup: 123flashchat

Glad you're here. Check out our introductions forum and our new users' forum . The latter has lots of information about how to use the site, and the former is a good place to introduce yourself to the community and get to know the rest of us too :flowers: .

Orange Blossom :trumpet:

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users