Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Basic File Management System

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:17 AM

Just a little something I've been making for fun...

Basic File Management System 0.742 Testing:
Basic File Management System is a web CMS for files, and is highly centered around the use of files. It's so obsessed with files it doesn't even use a database application. It uses a flat-file database! There isn't an administrative interface. You do such things by hand. BFMS provides a list of files, presents a download page for each, and if the file type is supported it will provide a viewing page.

I built this with the idea it could be used for personal file hosting, blogging, image hosting, video hosting, all while allowing content to be thought of in terms of files instead of posts/pages.

I've published it under the same open source license I use on a lot of my shared notes and Bash scripts. For anyone whom finds it useful or interesting, you can freely download it, basic instructions, and a copy of the license, down below. Please keep in mind that this is a testing release.

Requirments:
- HTML5 compliant browser (While building it I tested against Mozilla Firefox)
- Javascript
- PHP (I am running PHP 7.0.4 on the machine I've been building it on.).
- Apache (I am running Apache 2.4.18 on the machine I've been building it on.). You must have htaccess enabled, and mod_rewrite on.
- Your server should (as is typically the default) be serving .txt as plain-text! If it isn't, don't approve comments containing web code (html, javascript), because it could be run rather than viewed.

Features:
- List files
- Comments (disabled by default)
- Like/Dislike (disabled by default)
- Checksums (disabled by default, except for SHA-512)
- Viewing for png, jpeg, jpg, gif, webm, txt.
- When viewing files that end in .loop.webm they will be looped for a GIF-like effect
- Expiring download links

Please keep in mind that I'm NOT a webdesign expert, and while I have been fiddling with web design for years, I've never used much PHP in my projects. There is lots in this, so there could be security holes I've overlooked. So far I've just been running this on localhost. If you're going to run this on a public sever I'd suggest you do some security/bug tests of your own, and look at the code first. There isn't too much to look through, and it has basic comments.

Download Links:
- Mega.nz:https://mega.nz/#!h5BBUKaI!7aKaNdxkqzsSiDS6CWiIxwvnSbV8BEELI4CjC_1Neno

Checkums:
- SHA-512:2b9c07b549535752d913a21dc8eeb55eaaa0b3489387cf483f70048714aa7bdad3610fb53e83a1545b81c8c06575b95cac30e1ea28194d71b5bdfb8aa223176f

As with all my projects, there is no guarantee that there will be any future releases (even if flaws are found). I've just been building this for fun, and will move on when I feel like it. There will not necessarily be an upgrade path either. Assuming there is another release, going forward there are several other features I'd like to add (eg: an "end" button for comments, replace filelist with a search feature). I have a whole big list of things I could do. Presently though I'm just savoring the moment. It's nice to see that all this work seems to have produced something that functions :P. This project turned out to be a lot more work than I initially expected, but I've also learned a lot more than expected along the way.

Screenshots:

Screenshot #1
xEh9nyX.png

Screenshot #2
uOPq2mY.png

Screenshot #3
LCUOGZz.png

Screenshot #4
r2ptfAE.png

Screenshot #5
8KoYqFs.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:18 PM

Caution! Please read for more information.

As with all my projects, there is no guarantee that there will be any future releases (even if flaws are found). I built this for fun, and will move on when I feel like it.

Warning! Please read this first.

I'm NOT a webdesign expert, so there could be security holes I've overlooked. If you're going to run this on a public sever I'd suggest you do some security/bug tests of your own, and look through the code first. There isn't too much to look through, and it has basic comments.

Basic File Management System 0.749 Testing:
The second release of BFMS! :) There are some major changes in this release, most importantly the drop of the main page in favor of a search page.

Basic File Management System is an opensource web CMS for files, and is highly centered around the use of files. It's so obsessed with files it doesn't even use a database application. It uses a flat-file database! There isn't an administrative interface. You do such things by hand. BFMS allows searching, presents a download page for each file, and if the file type is supported it will provide a viewing page. The download includes basic installation instructions, a copy of BFMS, and a copy of the license.

Changes:
- Comments have bottom border only now.
- Comment ID is no longer written into comment. The ID is displayed above the comment. If you are upgrading from a previous release of BFMS then your existing comment's comment ID's will be displayed twice. Once from BFMS, and once from the ID that is hard written into the comment.
- Comments display in full height (no vertical scrollbar).
- Increased search results to 60 per page. In old filelist there were only 20 per page.
- Mainpage has been replaced by search page, which allows searching/listing the files. You can list all files by searching "*". It suppports refining search results by tags, but there is no tagging framework in place yet. If you really want to you can manually create tags though ("bfms/resources/FILENAME_tags" add one tag per line), and they will work.
- Searching can be disabled/enabled, or set to "list" which will list all files only (forces searching "*").
- Created searchbox module, and added it to the main menu. It will only be present when searching is set to "on".

Features:
- Search (disabled by default). Alternatively you can configure it to present a list of files, much like provided in the previous release (the key difference being it's generated on the fly, not reading from a backup).
- Comments (disabled by default)
- Like/Dislike (disabled by default)
- Checksum files (only SHA-512 is enabled by default)
- Viewing pages for png, jpeg, jpg, gif, webm, and txt. Files ending with .loop.webm will be looped like a gif.
- Download pages with expiring download links.

Requirements:
- HTML5 compliant browser (While building it I tested against Mozilla Firefox)
- Javascript
- PHP (I am running PHP 7.0.4 on the machine I've been building it on.).
- Apache (I am running Apache 2.4.18 on the machine I've been building it on.). You must have htaccess enabled, and mod_rewrite on.
- Your server should (as is typically the default) be serving .txt as plain-text! If it isn't, don't approve comments containing web code (html, javascript), because it could be run rather than viewed.

Download Links:
- Mega.nz:https://mega.nz/#!ElZlUYQb!Wfi7alpZE7WALdtVhYMkKiGxIpnw-nCtcXD5gC-pVeM

Checksums:
- SHA-512:6eb6b12d050d0dacc2e4689a905ed01a56f73d8bf27b4910d61fab5f82a04692b645dc041492105cbff1f41c0b8dea5774abb892cf03a012a98da8414e0bb84b

#3 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 July 2016 - 03:40 PM

There is no guarantee that there will be any future releases (even if flaws are found). I built this for fun, and will move on when I feel like it.

I'm NOT a webdesign expert, so there could be security holes I've overlooked. If you're going to run this on a public sever I'd suggest you do some security/bug tests of your own, and look through the code first. There isn't too much to look through, and it has basic comments.

Basic File Management System 0.761 Testing:
This is the 3rd public release of BFMS. It includes some new features, and some fixes. Aside from the fixes, I'd say the most important change is how some modules are being loaded now.

BFMS is an opensource web CMS application centered around files, and manual management. In the download you will find BFMS, a copy of the license, and basic generic instructions for installing it.

Changes:
- Cleaned up some of the code.
- Message module. If enabled an additional section will appear at the top of the site for a message to be displayed in (eg: Under maintenance). You can customize the message by editing the message file. Code can be used in the message.
- Filesize files. You can enable this feature to provide a file containing the size of the file (measured in bytes). Some people may want this for verification.
- Filesize. If enabled an additional section will appear that displays the size of a file in bytes, but allows the user to convert to other unit types.
- Checksum module now referred to checksumfile module. Checksumfile module now has a separate loader file to check if it should be run. This means you can now set checksumfiles to off/on. If on, then any checksumfile types you enabled will have links shown. If off the entire module will not be present.
- Filesizefile module now has a seperate loader file to check if it should be run.
- Opinions module now has a seperate loader file to check if it should be run. It is also split into seperate files for each status. Unlike before, if you want to disable opinions, but still display previous cast votes, you must use "readonly" as the status, not "off", which entirely disables the module.
- Comments module now has a seperate loader file to check if it should be run. It is also split into several files, one per status. Unlike before, if you want to disable comments, but still display previous comments, you need to use "readonly" as the status, not "off" which disables comments entirely.
- Fixed issues with comment list buttons, and simplified the code.
- Applied new commentlist code improvements to search code.
- Fixed Search next/previous/beginning buttons not working, because list isn't present since search terms weren't preserved.
- Fixed Search height issue when list is full.

Features:
- Search
- Comments
- Like/Dislike
- Checksum files

- Filesize

- Filesize file
- Viewing pages for png, jpeg, jpg, gif, webm, and txt. Files ending with .loop.webm will be looped like a gif.

- Display a message at page top

Requirements:
- HTML5 compliant browser (I've been using Mozilla Firefox)
- Javascript
- PHP7 (I am running PHP 7.0.4 on the machine I've been building it on. I suspect it would also work for PHP5.4 and 5.5, but haven't tested and won't be).

Download Links:
- Mega.nz:https://mega.nz/#!FphS3ACI!Shg0cgRAACAQ8GyDqHy_-M1WJ8VJVGxVn27XI93KQ-w

Checksums:
- SHA-512:08eff11aa15f53749f857a0605138f78f8e124689bcf93763b1e34a93385bf3641a26489cb75e4390ec9d12cf40f2322a5ca4edc86fa8ee4380a95b18e738b8c

#4 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 July 2016 - 12:32 AM

There is no guarantee that there will be any future releases (even if flaws are found). I built this for fun, and will move on when I feel like it.

Basic File Management System 0.855 Testing:
This is the 4th public release of BFMS. Making this release I was yanking my hair out quite a lot, but eventually it seemed to come together. I was really hoping to have done more for this release, but these changes turned out to be more work than expected.

BFMS is an opensource web CMS application centered around files, and manual management. In the download you will find BFMS, a copy of the license, and basic generic instructions for installing it. Please keep in mind that this is a testing release.

Changes:
- Removed port from generated urls.
- Changed how 404 is handled. By default no 404 page is configured, but when the index page is loaded it will configure this automatically if it hasn't previously been done. The benefits of this that unlike before, deep inexistent urls won't have to recurse upwards, and all 404s (once configured) will see the 404.php page.
- Removed relative-to style links from menu, index, and a few other places. It caused issues with inexistent pages. Using full urls instead now, and will probably be transitioning to this on all urls going forward.
- Index page no longer uses javacript. The redirect is done using php. I want to avoid javascript where possible.
- No longer attempts to auto-detect relative location. User sets this in a config file.
- User configures the lifespan of download urls.

Features:
- Search
- Comments
- Like/Dislike
- Checksum files
- Filesize
- Filesize file

Requirements:
- HTML5 compliant browser (I am running Mozilla Firefox on the machine I've been building on).
- Javascript
- PHP (I am running PHP 7.0.4 on the machine I've been building it on).

Download Links:
- Mega.nz:https://mega.nz/#!8sYRERLb!Nlb-8yphIPJjSs0WVyxc5fQGLVk-VPq2rou__xoNtAg

Checksums:
- SHA-512:820bf5c60b9e68272ea139561ca803d2b3fb86de22501a2280a4740dfbd0b0aa36cfc681eb3d6b315728993455f34bf2686a1e58ad84a50db7e5dca79e6ba46a

#5 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

Basic File Management System 0.889 Testing:
BFMS is an opensource web CMS centered around files, and manual management. In the download you will find BFMS, a copy of the license, and basic generic instructions for installing it. Please keep in mind that this is a testing release.

Visually you will also notice some major changes in this release. There is no more view page, and the download page (which now serves for both viewing/downloading) has page sections which can be collapsed/expanded. Also, opinions are now located above the comments module.

Changes:
- Message module now uses loader module and status specific modules.
- "message" file renamed to "info_message".
- "sitename" file renamed to "info_sitename".
- viewer module
- The download stuff is now contained in a section that can be configured as minimized, maximized, off, auto-minmax, or auto-off.
- The view stuff is now is now in a section and configured along the same lines as the download section.
- The type3.php page (viewing page) has been removed. Viewing and downloading is done from the same page now.
- The user input stuff is now in a section and configured along the same lines as the download section though no auto-* options though.
- $check is no longer used, instead $checkFILENAME(exluding file extension) is used when peforming checks.

Features:
- Search or list files
- Comments
- Voting
- Checksum files
- Filesize
- Filesize files
- Viewing for png, jpeg, jpg, gif, webm, and txt. Files ending with .loop.webm will be looped like a gif.

Download Links:
- Mega.nz:https://mega.nz/#!UtxjmagT!9d5WbCv_zIaSJ9zr2WAsIo-qkpKsklXw9u93uAk8MnA

Checksums:
- SHA-512:960baf8603f614e1cecb6f26e2632f0359d241c234b8efd3d9f8f6599a43ea76d8ff4a9cf04e9ae80a59bcab3eaa2749641489361788b97aa1a5d0c14affefd1

#6 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

Basic File Management System 0.1003 Testing:
BFMS is an opensource web CMS centered around files, and manual management. In the download you will find BFMS, a copy of the license, and basic generic instructions for installing it. Please keep in mind that this is a testing release.

In this release we finally see the introduction of the long awaited "end" button, and the ability to jump to specific sections, for both file searches, and in comments.This makes it way easier to navigate large amounts of search results, and large quantities of comments.

Changes:
- Iframe protection added.
- Viewer now displays .txt files at 100% height, instead of a set height.
- Search terms and search tags are now displayed in the search results.
- "End" button and section of sections option added to search and comments.
- Filesize and filelink positions switched in the download section.

Features:
- Search or list files
- Comments
- Voting
- Checksum files
- Filesize
- Filesize files
- Viewing for png, jpeg, jpg, gif, webm, and txt. Files ending with .loop.webm will be looped like a gif.

Download Links:
- https://mega.nz/#!ctgkiK4Q!iI0Cmof6hrt9Wf2TE9ij2GytfcRzYUNBN5VcI21fv60

Checksums:
- SHA-512:ade381f4a3fc53775ec1be49080274ec8730a78011ec976c5159baabf93c252b881fb0b34a9c65bc75d71c708f03d2ec9d80bce3c2c69715c67a7c952a4f1e6e

#7 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 August 2016 - 07:24 PM

Basic File Management System 0.1005 Testing:

This release might not have many changes, but it was actually a lot of work, because of all the troubleshooting I had to do. :P

Changes:
- Checksums (with auto select input text onclick).
- 404.php renamed to error404.php, and a error410.php page made. Index.php updated to generate htaccess that supports both documents.
- Expiring files. Don't worry, it's an optional feature. Uses method similar to expiring downloads feature.
- Some parts now using PHP comments rather than HTML comments. Long term the plan is to switch entirely to PHP comments.

Download Links:
- https://mega.nz/#!s05TmbRJ!h2Srh599oZDLjyAvbzQSaaA80UwVx7AOq3dJrhG9V6E

Checksums:
- SHA-512:e28b77258c6ba673b96c53ec33816ed5520f6635ccf2b417f965910c6aa54a2ccb2fc38ad19a64ba3ad11438319610e35e3143a8cd8d6a132d921203d7c2214a

#8 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

Basic File Management System 0.1029 Testing:
BFMS is an opensource web CMS centered around files, and manual management. In the download you will find BFMS, a copy of the license, and basic generic instructions for installing it. Please keep in mind that this is a testing release. Hope to eventually have a stable release, but there are still things I want to add, and tweak first.

Not all sites display ads, but it's always good to have the option. I planned on adding support for ads sooner, but kept pushing it back on the list of things to do. Anyways, there is now support for 2 types of ads. The first is an in page ad that will be above the content. The second is an ad that appears before the page. Don't worry, if you don't like ads on your install, they can be disabled, in fact by default they are. If you do want ads, you don't have to enable both. The each have their own status file, and info file.

The most important thing to take note of in this release is the supported browser checking feature, because it IS enabled by default, which is probably not what you want.

Changes:
- Some changes to how page sizes are controlled.
- Advertisement module for an in page ad that appears below menu, but above content.
- Advertisement module for before page ad. Makes user wait X amount of time before "continue" button appears. You can configure the amount of time, or set it to 0 to have button appear right away.
- Supported browser and javascript check. If enabled and triggered, user will see a warning message at the top of the page.

Download Links:
- https://mega.nz/#!E4gGFKhA!JxoL0LLcWAiTqEd71JYBVAKS4AgiiEjBHJBhRUZYkhY

Checksums:
- SHA-512:f1e0ee2cb2bbfb2a57cf4d31168246320c1600161593f1e665ad41e278e97a0a977f0079a4591f2ed1f6fc35decce11e951d3073cca15f2832c095d7b90763a6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users