Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Healer rendered PC unusable

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 neuropocalyptic

neuropocalyptic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:49 PM

Hi. I purchased an Acer laptop loaded with windows 8.1. last year. It is an ES1-512C88M, model no. MS2394. After downloading and installing new software, I seem to have also run the System Healer virus. I suspect other malware other than system healer is also present since it seems the entire GUI interface has been deactivated. I cannot pull up task manager nor access the start menu. whats worse is that I also can't command the computer via safe mode. The virus seems to have locked me out of all avenues to figure out whats wrong with it. This means that I cannot perform some of the preliminary steps suggested in this forum before moving on to actual virus removal. Can someone help me, please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

Please post a new thread in the Virus & Spyware area, make sure and include a link from this thread in your new topic.

Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Make sure and post your FRST logs here.

When you have made the new thread, please post a link to it in this topic. :)

I know you say you are unable to run anything, perhaps these tools will get you going until your thread is replied to...

Hitman Pro Usb.

Eset Rescue.

Kaspersky Boot disk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users