Hello, I am having a periodic crash in Windows 10. It happens sometimes (can't reliably replicated anything) when I am playing a game or watching a video, it hard locks (video stops, no inputs, sound gets "stuck" buzzing the last .5 second of playback) and sometimes BSODs. When the BSOD screen comes up, it says WATCHDOG_CLOCK_ERROR.
The issue occurs persists after fresh Windows installs so I am worried it's a hardware problem. It never had any trouble when running Windows 7 but I can't definitively connect the problem to Windows 10. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.
This is a custom built PC that is used mostly for gaming.
·OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? Windows 10
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
· What was original installed OS on system? I've used Windows 7 with no issues in the past but this is a fresh install of Windows 10.
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? I upgraded to Windows 10 from a full retail copy of Windows 7.
· Age of system (hardware) 4 or 5 years, not exactly sure. The graphics card is somewhat newer.
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? I did a fresh install on Monday (7/11) and have only installed a few things since. I got a Windows 10 install image from Microsoft and installed it clean (no upgrade).
· CPU i5-2500K
· Video Card AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop) ASRock P67 Exreme4
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop) Corsair 850W
· System Manufacturer Built myself.
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) N/A
· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop
Edited by mentaluprising, 12 July 2016 - 07:32 PM.